• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need tens of millions to see this through. There aren't many hedge funds that would consider buying a soccer club if, A) they didn't know what they were getting into B) They didn't have a plan to make a shed load of cash ( both for the club and themselves)

I wonder what it'll mean for Stan, Tom, Reece etc. Assume Stan will stay as an ambassador/similar and most of the others to move on.
I think forget the hedge fund side of their business. Focus on Kimura Performance which is venture capital focused, investment for equity, looking for high potential opportunities often where underperforming.

As to Stan, Tom et al given the local connections I would imagine this is a takeover that best secures their positions.

Would that be just 8 years and 2 days ago with the play off win?

I remember Ron getting plenty of stick even then.

I'm not sure, bar being part of the team who bought the club from Vic, anyone actively liked Ron or his communication style.

The financial issues (18 of which ended with winding up orders) span decades.

I don't think people have suddenly gone off him.

well..... I suppose i would have to admit that ANYTHING is better that the toxic presence of that "person", but these "truths, half truths, rumours, maybe's, and hearsays" are not exactly making me reach for the Champagne quite yet.

I was hoping for a fabulously wealthy, football loving individual who would come to love SUFC as much as the rest of us, and have the funds, vision and commitment to transform the club, while being part of our community........ but from what Ive read today, we might be getting a motley, disparate gaggle of individuals including a Mr Winston, a couple of pals, a hedge fund, a couple of ex players not really known for their brilliant football skills or management acumen, and one or two others.

Will a consortium, including hedge fund managers, really be looking to the welfare of the heart and soul of our club.?? I doubt it .

With his appalling history of bad choices, Its EXACTLY the sort of **** poor option i would expect from that "person".......... and I very much suspect that if this goes through, he will STILL be connected and behind the scene pulling strings........ possibly as our bloodsucking landlord ? WTF !!?? WE JUST WANT HIM GONE... TOTALLY AND FOREVER !!

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but after years of what that "person" has done to us, its hard to escape from underneath the black cloud that he has created.

Hope Im wrong.
Exactly this

From what I know of Kimura Capital, which isn't much, but I have seen pitch books from them, theyre not hedge fund managers.

They into supply chain financing - very much not hedge funds.

Maybe there's a different division doing other hedge fund stuff - like the eSports - but as far as I know not Kimura capital

It’s tactical. The buyers need to reassure existing staff (players, management etc) to hang around.
What is the 'common sense' nonsense? This feels rather alien. Surely its best to keep everyone in the dark about their future at the club and the fans are strictly on a 'need to know' basis and we don't need to know.

I've just read the write up by The Athletic... It all seems a bit too good to be true.

I've done very little research but seeing as Kimura are a hedge fund it doesn't surprise me that their purchase of the club would be financed and keep a majority their capital liquid for other things. So I'm not worried about that.

If they've done any research at all they'll know that the management team is a real asset. So I'm not worried about that, or how the hierarchy will integrate.

While buying the club isn't going to be cheap. If it wasn't the stadium you probably could see the club bought for a nominal £5 like a few other club have been in the past because they were saddled with so much debt. But they aren't necessarily buying a stadium, they're buying the land and planning permission which at the moment is still to be approved. I wonder if the value of that is as high as people think.

I hope new owners take the opportunity to make some amendments. Over the years the plans for the stadium have repeatedly taken a hit and on a personal note I've always hated the apartments on top of the stadium. They're only there so Ron could squeeze as much money out of the development and as resentment for him has grown and grown, I would love to not see them while at a game.

That's probably unlikely to happen, there's probably some difficulty removing those apartments now, but I could see this being Kimura Performance/Integral Sports HQ, FF or the training being an extension of their brand. FF being called The Kimura Arena or something like that... So it wouldn't surprise me if they did want to add their own touch.

Could be exciting times ahead but I'll try to keep my feet on the ground.
Exactly this.

From what I know of Kimura Capital, which isn't much, but I have seen pitch books from them, theyre not hedge fund managers.

They into supply chain financing - very much not hedge funds.

Maybe there's a different division doing other hedge fund stuff - like the eSports - but as far as I know not Kimura capital
Correct, Kimura's principle focus is asset management and private credit in physical commodity trading. It's the background of Kristofer Tremaine and Gary Pettit that's hedge-fund related, with both of them spending numerous years between them trading commodity futures for these types of institutions. I work in the physical commodity trading space as well and can happily confirm that Kimura Capital are 100% legit.

Correct, Kimura's principle focus is asset management and private credit in physical commodity trading. It's the background of Kristofer Tremaine and Gary Pettit that's hedge-fund related, with both of them spending numerous years between them trading commodity futures for these types of institutions. I work in the physical commodity trading space as well and can happily confirm that Kimura Capital are 100% legit.
Although it's all linked, would it not be this entity of Kimura that would be pulling the strings (possibly with funding from another bit)?

https://www.kimuraperformance.com/about/

Scroll down to see that Spud is their football consultant.

Do you believe they will have the funds? Is there much wealth there? People have rightly pointed out that their accounts suggest not, but that doesn't seem to be the full story with them.

Although it's all linked, would it not be this entity of Kimura that would be pulling the strings (possibly with funding from another bit)?

https://www.kimuraperformance.com/about/

Scroll down to see that Spud is their football consultant.
Agreed. Was more addressing the Kimura/hedge-fund links questioned in the earlier post. I would assume that the Performance arm would be strongly aligned to the purchase of the club, if it happens.

Do you believe they will have the funds? Is there much wealth there? People have rightly pointed out that their accounts suggest not, but that doesn't seem to be the full story with them.
In my humble opinion they unlikely have the personal wealth to fund the purchase of the club/training ground/future stadium development but have very strong liquidity pool and reputation to raise ample funds externally. They have an excellent reputation in the commodity space and have really succeeded in filling the gap that traditional banks left when they started risking-off physical trade financing. I'm cautiously optimistic here, and I'm usually utterly pessimistic with all things SUFC-related :Winking:

You and I need to get a room.

This "Will they, won't they" must be driving people mad!

But yes, appears to be aging badly, but until I see that corner flag and interview from the new owners, I'm maintaining my skepticism
Eh up! Is this ShrimperZone’s first blossoming romance? Where’s Cilla when you need her?

Can we assume that if a formal offer has been placed, all of the due diligence has been done on the buyers part? They've looked into the accounts, the safety certificates, the state of the stadium and repairs needed etc? If they have seen all of those things and are still interested, fantastic.

Shame it's not ready to be signed and sealed before this weekend. Bank holiday as well, would have been perfect for celebrating RM going. I'd be home on Tuesday morning

Wiki says that Ray has been made bankrupt twice, Sounds like just the type of owner we are used to 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back