• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes access to funding key here. And underwriting $15 billion in loans over the last 6 years lends a degree of credability...

Tbh that's not much, $2 to $3bn per year. And if that's mostly commodity financing, then the loans are relatively short term - weeks or months rather then long term. So that $15bn could be achieved by say lending $200m for 1 month, getting repaid and then lending again for 1 month, for 6 years. So yes you've lent $15bn, doesnt mean you have ever had 15bn

I’m not sure if I was happier yesterday when I was in the dark. This excitement - and fear that Ron could yet stuff it up - while we wait is hard work. Difficult to concentrate on work properly today!
You're not the only one, been trying to stop my mind from wandering all day. Haven't been very successful to be honest

Not sure if the first part of your post is mean spirited or not, but I have read it as such. 2 points off the back of it.

1. Is Carl not Karl
  2. Didn't anyone you went to school with, or any of your mates become really successful? While I certainly haven't reached dizzying heights, there's 3 or 4 former school mates/acquaintances/friends of mine who have gone on to do really really well for themselves.
If your comment wasn't mean spirited, I apologise.
Iwent to school with someone who became succesful his name is spud taylor .I think became very good at a football team ////

Tbh that's not much, $2 to $3bn per year. And if that's mostly commodity financing, then the loans are relatively short term - weeks or months rather then long term. So that $15bn could be achieved by say lending $200m for 1 month, getting repaid and then lending again for 1 month, for 6 years. So yes you've lent $15bn, doesnt mean you have ever had 15bn
True but we are a NL football club not Man U? So it suggests they have experience of funding very much multiples more than our relatively modest requirements..:-)

Absolutely this. Don't forget, a lot of people on here (myself included) are of a similar age and from the same area as various people mentioned in dispatches relating to these potential acquisitions. Many of us have/had a similar friendship group and/or went to School with said people.

There also some of us, God forbid, who actually work in football circles and feel they have something meaningful to contribute to the discussion - particularly in an environment where every supporter is so desperate for any crumb of reassurance as to the authenticity of a rumour.

I love Southend United, but I really don't like what this last 5 years has done to our support base - some of the bile being distributed on various social media platforms from people who haven't got the first idea about how these things work really does highlight the darker side of some of the people we have acquired as supporters in recent times.
You’re off again … cheer up we get it ! You’re important too … we are all important ! West Ham Southend Tottenham Hartlepool billericay … Dustmen banksmen draughtsman.. you don’t like some of our fans some don’t like you it’s life … enjoy the revolution and I’m sure somewhere along the long journey ahead you can say you designed some of the seats just like I can say I’ve ate one of them burgers 🍔

It's great to hear that moves are happening to sell the club after years of under investment by the current ownership.After reading many posts and listening to BBC Essex interview today it sounds that negotiations are at an advanced stage.But we are all waiting for one man to make a decision whether to accept or reject as he is the majority shareholder and we are all powerless in this process.God forbid if he refuses to accept then he needs to explain to the fan base his reasons why but some how I am not holding out hearing from him as he treats us with contempt.

Spud started at Canvey- as a young lad he played on the left wing when my Dad was left back.
It still amazes me to recall that when he first got into our first team they only played him as sub because they didn't think he could last a whole game. When he came on though, he flew down that wing. The rest as they say is history.

Spud started at Canvey- as a young lad he played on the left wing when my Dad was left back.
Indeed, for Canvey boys in the yoof League,Div 3. I would have played aganst him had I completed my registration with Eastwood Rangers a week earlier.Perhaps it's just as well I didn't. :Winking: My younger brother (not Rob Noxious but the other one)played against him at LB instead.ER lost the double header 18-1.Spud scored 6.

Will the new buyers ask Ron Martin why he ran the club into the ground .

Not a question i'd imagine comes up in many business deals. Why would they?

Everyone knows the reasons we are where we are.

Ron had a few quid.
Thought he could earn a few more by building a ground and some houses
Probably didnt have enough quids to get it done
Got close, Financial Crash
Didn't have enough quids left
Got a version of planning permission
Quids ran dry
Never recovered

Sprinkle in an inability to communicate effectively and there you go.

As one of the older Shrimpers on here (my first game was Man City in the Cup), I had started to fear that, in my lifetime, I would never see the Blues back as a League side. Now, in the space of 24 hours hope has been rekindled. I feel as if I've just won the lottery but I've got to keep calm, verify the numbers and wait to receive confirmation. The champagne is ready but not yet in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back