• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer time

You really think, if we managed to secure a pre-season friendly with Rangers, we’d be playing it at Ibrox?

It makes no sense on any level whatsoever for Rangers to host a National League side at Ibrox for a pre-season friendly. Much more chance of it being played at Roots Hall if anything was to happen between us.
We can but dream :)

Ibrox has hosted clubs similar size to us in past few years Oxford Oldham Etc but would prefer it to be at Roots Hall!

1. Sale completed.

2. All creditors settled.

3. A clear plan and rousing speech provided by COSU.

4. A top marketing campaign on season cards, aiming for big numbers.

5. A few attacking high end NL signings to compliment the squad. McCallum/Haughton.

6. RH given a spruce up - Toilets/Bars/Catering. Fanzone. NW corner opened up.

7. New training ground operational.

8. Club shop sorted and fully stocked.

9. Plenty of content to get the fanbase pumped for a new era.

10. A big "Ding dong the Rat is gone" party at RH for the first game. Welcoming the whole community back/building bridges/repairing relationships with disillusioned fans/local businesses.
I think there is more chance of winning the lottery!
Sounds like one of my Dreams too.
Have you woken up yet?
If only, ……..I hope you are psychic🫶🧢💙 COYB UTB

You really think, if we managed to secure a pre-season friendly with Rangers, we’d be playing it at Ibrox?

It makes no sense on any level whatsoever for Rangers to host a National League side at Ibrox for a pre-season friendly. Much more chance of it being played at Roots Hall if anything was to happen between us.

Perhaps they fell guilty about giving Rob Kiernan a glowing reference …..

Perhaps they fell guilty about giving Rob Kiernan a glowing reference …..

We were warned about his injuries and stuff by the medical team at Rangers…

Basically, medicals are a waste of time in most regards. If a manager wants a player, and I mean really wants one, they won’t be put off by those types of things.

In years gone by, we’ve done medicals on players that have had past injuries on a particular knee, and we’ve examined the wrong knee…

Basically, medicals are a waste of time in most regards. If a manager wants a player, and I mean really wants one, they won’t be put off by those types of things.

In years gone by, we’ve done medicals on players that have had past injuries on a particular knee, and we’ve examined the wrong knee…
That’s beyond ridiculous.
Surely as a medical professional logic clearly that both knees should be examined.
You can’t make it up at Southend😆!
IMG_0354.jpeg

That’s beyond ridiculous.
Surely as a medical professional logic clearly that both knees should be examined.
You can’t make it up at Southend😆!
View attachment 31919

Southend isn’t the only Club this has happened at.

If you listen to Undr The Cosh podcast, this type of thing happens up and down the country.

This is going back a few years, things are more professional these days. I still hope our medical department is being a big revamp this summer.

Nothing put Phil Brown off signing a bunch of old crocks. I always wonder what might have happened if Steve Kavanagh had not left for Millwall. I’m sure that he would have vetoed a lot of those signings.

I'd be happy with the deal done a proper pre season and a couple of additional players and replace any we may lose.

Wow…

Fernando Torres at Chelsea case in point. Both Liverpool and Chelsea fully aware he didn't really have a knee anymore following his surgery but ploughed ahead with a £50 million quid transfer regardless.

Back