• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benyon is quality . He is just suffering from the Gary Hooper syndrome .... Roots Hall crowd not getting behind him , and a few minutes here and there as a sub in a lost game not helping his goals per game ratio recently. He has proved he can do it at Div 2 level. That goal he got towards end of last season at the Hall where he pounced on a loose ball in the box , made space in an instant with a deft bodyswerve + rip a corker into the roof of the net was awesome. .... very Defoe like ... forget the other strikers in our squad , Benyon is the one we should be building a team around. If he starts at Sixfields, he scores , we win the match . Simples .

No he's not, he's just utter, utter rubbish.

I have more chance of sleeping with every bluebell than Benyon getting 20goals on a season

Wow, easy there tiger with you neg rep and excuse me for not going on Wikipedia.

1 goal in 5 months, excuse me for not wetting myself with joy at his name on the team sheet.

Oh dear, moaning about rep. You need to be able to take it like a man. You are happy to dish it out when you don't agree with someone, so you must be able to accept it when someone doesn't agree with you.

Cobblers have some lumps at the front (Platt and Akinfenwa) so we need a big keeper so SMITH.
Back four of SC, MP, Cressie and Barks on the left; (Barks because he gets in tight on oppo and doesn't get shoved about).
Middle of Kane and Spicer, Hall on right (links well with SC) and Martin on left (as he works the width well & Hurst 1/2 injured.)
Up front has to be fit Fred or Bomber or Benyon with Tomlin (who does seem to have done a proper pre season.)
The biggest shout of the day needs to be the pre match focus from PS and SC. Does anyone on here recall how an agitated David Webb got the players so fired up they just wanted to get out there and follow the instructions; and avoid the snarls!

Oh dear, moaning about rep. You need to be able to take it like a man. You are happy to dish it out when you don't agree with someone, so you must be able to accept it when someone doesn't agree with you.

I couldn't care less numbnuts. :tease:

Akinfenwa is normally on the bench for them but always seems to give us a rough time. Nicholls and Platt up front looks decent, and Hackett is a good winger we will have to watch out for.

Think Belford will continue for now, by all accounts one of our better players on tues night?

He's right about Benyon though.

What, that he won't score 30 in his career? We have established he already has scored more than 30. You aren't here to watch games so I don't know what reasoning you are using in your decision.

Benyon needs a good run in the team with the right type of football being played. Then we will get a striker with goals.

What, that he won't score 30 in his career? We have established he already has scored more than 30. You aren't here to watch games so I don't know what reasoning you are using in your decision.

Benyon needs a good run in the team with the right type of football being played. Then we will get a striker with goals.

With the right type of football being played Benyon would be last on the list behind Freddy, Harris (and he's past it) and Tomlin.

Benyon is quality . He is just suffering from the Gary Hooper syndrome .... Roots Hall crowd not getting behind him , and a few minutes here and there as a sub in a lost game not helping his goals per game ratio recently. He has proved he can do it at Div 2 level. That goal he got towards end of last season at the Hall where he pounced on a loose ball in the box , made space in an instant with a deft bodyswerve + rip a corker into the roof of the net was awesome. .... very Defoe like ... forget the other strikers in our squad , Benyon is the one we should be building a team around. If he starts at Sixfields, he scores , we win the match . Simples .

You mean the "tap-in" that he scored?

Nothing I've seen of Benyon brings me to this conclusion. Sorry.

No he's not, he's just utter, utter rubbish.

He's right about this.The other key fact(mentioned above)is that Benyon has only scored 3 times in the 37 games he's played since leaving Torquay.Give me a half fit Freddy any day.My reasoning is that I've seen him play.

He's right about this.The other key fact(mentioned above)is that Benyon has only scored 3 times in the 37 games he's played since leaving Torquay.Give me a half fit Freddy any day.My reasoning is that I've seen him play.

ha ha, I've just neg repped MK for being like you and who should pop up.

Goals last season
Eastwood 2 Benyon 3

Goals since Freddy left in 2007
Eastwood 28 Benyon 50

If you don't rate Benyon that's good enough for me.

Corr and Benyon to fire us to promotion.

Back