• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you related to Benyon in any way, shape or form?

No mate , not related to Benyon . Never even met him . fyg i'm 6foot 4 he's 4 foot nothing .

But ive been watching Blues for almost 40 years through thin + thin and am getting a bit fed up us signing other teams untried teenagers ( no offence to Assombalonga ) rather than play players who have been playing with us since last season , got 2 goals in only 8 starts last season plus several assists/ crossbars hit .... scored goals in pre season , is confident in his own ability , has proven goal scoring record , has pace , 2 good feet, powerful shot , excellent jumping + heading ability , makes intelligent runs off the ball , + is keen as mustard to play football again and get back to what to what he does best .... hit the back of the net !

Now i was the first one to question his signing last year that he wouldnt fit into Sturrocks team of big man up front + supporting midfield, but here we are -- bottom of the league , no goals , GIVE BENYON A CHANCE !!!!!!! its soooo frustrating!!!

... its like having Kelly Brook & Angelina Jolie waiting for you in your bed + yet you fall asleep on the sofa ..... such a massive waste of talent.

ha ha, I've just neg repped MK for being like you and who should pop up.

Goals last season
Eastwood 2 Benyon 3

Goals since Freddy left in 2007
Eastwood 28 Benyon 50

If you don't rate Benyon that's good enough for me.

Corr and Benyon to fire us to promotion.

Hang on, that's completely innaccurate. Freddy played in the Championship and Benyon in the conference/Lg2. Fred joined in April(?) and Benyon in January.

You're usually spot on, on football matters, but with a permanantly crocked Corr and donkey Benyon we'll be fighting relegation and not very well.

Hang on, that's completely innaccurate. Freddy played in the Championship and Benyon in the conference/Lg2. You're usually spot on, on football matters, but crocked Corr and donkey Benyon we'll be fighting relegation.

You are right that is completely inaccurate. Last season Benyon's games were in League One before he joined us and Eastwood's goals were all in League Two.

You are right that is completely inaccurate. Last season Benyon's games were in League One before he joined us and Eastwood's goals were all in League Two.

Massage the figures all you like Yorkie, Benyon is an extremely average player and if you're banking on him to score enough goals for promotion you're going to be dissapointed.

Wayne Rooney is an extremely average player , and fat with it , but he seems to do alright for himself

Wayne Rooney is an extremely average player , and fat with it , but he seems to do alright for himself

christ_on_a_bike.jpg

Massage the figures all you like Yorkie, Benyon is an extremely average player and if you're banking on him to score enough goals for promotion you're going to be dissapointed.

I'm not, I'm just defending him from the unwarranted criticism from people who have seen him play once or twice.

Goalscorers are vastly overrated anyway.

All these figures and statistics are yesterdays news, old stuff & tosh!
What have YOU seen in the players we have available? All seem keen except (Mr. 60% Hall and Le Sulk Francias) so we have left;- (in no particular order) Mr. no shots Tomlin, off the pace thinker Harris, not nearly fit but could play and will create chances Fred, Benny lacking in confidences, minutes and inches; & then with pace but unknown what else Brittass. If we were at home I'd like us to try with playing 4 3 3 for a while AND as we are away and not scoring then change for that for last 30 mins if we have a plan A that hasn't worked.

Is Hall really only giving 60% or because a move is on the cards thats the perception people have of him ?

I know if I was playing and wanting a move Id be trying to impress....

Is Hall really only giving 60% or because a move is on the cards thats the perception people have of him ?

I know if I was playing and wanting a move Id be trying to impress....

I've seen this accusation of not trying levelled at players angling for a move on many occasions. Now if it were me I would be giving 100% to secure a move not 60%. Giving your all is much more likely to gain a player a move than not trying.

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Straker
Leonard Spicer Ferdinand Hall
Tomlin Eastwood
Subs Belford Barker Prosser Woodyard Assombalonga Benyon Harris

Smith
Sean,Phillips,Cresswell,Barker
Hall,Spicer,Kane,Martin
Tomlin,Benyon

Hope this team can grab a draw , but im not too optimistic .

wish we had JPK and Dicko back !
:'(​

Last edited:
It's a bit up in the air as to who Luggy picks tomorrow but I'd have Hall in from the start, Harris too. Personally I'd get Martin in the squad as well but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

Goodness me, bit of handbag stuff going on on here! I would love Fred to start but at this precise moment, I'd rather we protected him a little.
Belford
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Barker
Leonard Spicer Ferdinand Hall
Tomlin Harris

Back