• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i love this idea.
needs to be something simple, i agree that we don't want to overload it with text.

the other thing is i don't think it needs to gather dust when he retires, i like the idea of us celebrating our legends even after they've left so we could carry on with this and similar things for others too

Can we do a banner then for Willie Coulson please? "Willie's a Winger". Five shillings from me for that one.

How about I do the Banner for Free and the Donations go towards running the Zone?

Cricko/McNasty set a target amount, once it's hit I will produce the banner?

Thanks Andy you are a star as usual. We were about to launch a fund raising drive from members to help with the costs of running The Zone next month, so this has sort of preceded it. There does seem to be a lot of interest here from members and it is a great idea...

Let's set the figure at £350...the more we get in now the less we will have to ask for in March. Those of you who wish to chip in use the Green donate button in the navbar up top or the paypal link in Mcnasty's or my Sig. If you wish to pay another way please get in touch and we will sort something

Thanks all. John/Ken

Ill donate Scott, great idea mate

Once the pot gets up and running ill drop some cash into the spread etc

Thanks Andy you are a star as usual. We were about to launch a fund raising drive from members to help with the costs of running The Zone next month, so this has sort of preceded it. There does seem to be a lot of interest here from members and it is a great idea...

Let's set the figure at £350...the more we get in now the less we will have to ask for in March. Those of you who wish to chip in use the Green donate button in the navbar up top or the paypal link in Mcnasty's or my Sig. If you wish to pay another way please get in touch and we will sort something

Thanks all. John/Ken

£10 donated, Cricko.:thumbsup:

Just a thought for a banner statement

Adam Barrett - Southend United Royalty - His Viens Run Blue.

Snr.

Thank You Rootshallbloke for my speelling mistake.

The banner statement should of read:-

Adam Barrett - Southend United Royalty - His Veins Run Blue.

Snr.

Thank You Rootshallbloke for my speelling mistake.

The banner statement should of read:-

Adam Barrett - Southend United Royalty - His Veins Run Blue.

Snr.

My opinion: too many words.

And with reference to an earlier suggestion, any mention of the word Blue to be replaced with Shrimper please.

Must say one of the better ideas I've seen on the site.
£50 donated as important get it going as soon as possible.
As for wording think shorter the better...
'one of us' does sum up his long involvement with the club and a
Very personal statement.

Must say one of the better ideas I've seen on the site.
£50 donated as important get it going as soon as possible.
As for wording think shorter the better...
'one of us' does sum up his long involvement with the club and a
Very personal statement.

Is he really "one of us" ? in an 18 year football career he has spent less than half of it here, (according to soccerbase 319 apps out of 689 in his career, he didn't join us 'til he was 24) That's only 6 more than Tony Hadley ! (and less than Paul Clark and Alan Moody , comparing Centre Halves)
And He was born in Dagenham...

Not knocking the player, but "one of us" or "one of our own" , that's really taking poetic licence a bit far, I mean Arsenal mock Spurs about the Harry Kane chant and he joined Spurs aged 15 !

Mind you , He's been a great servant to the club and had a couple of blinding seasons

Is he really "one of us" ? in an 18 year football career he has spent less than half of it here, (according to soccerbase 319 apps out of 689 in his career, he didn't join us 'til he was 24) That's only 6 more than Tony Hadley ! (and less than Paul Clark and Alan Moody , comparing Centre Halves)
And He was born in Dagenham...

Not knocking the player, but "one of us" or "one of our own" , that's really taking poetic licence a bit far, I mean Arsenal mock Spurs about the Harry Kane chant and he joined Spurs aged 15 !

Mind you , He's been a great servant to the club and had a couple of blinding seasons

Have to agree Firestorm on all points

Like the idea, but players in my opinion Kevin Maher, who still awaits a testimonial deserve this before AB

Maher was heckled from the South Bank upper with banners proclaiming him to go with Alvin Martin ( Wonder how many sit there nowadays and will admnit it), he stuck through it and became a real legend in my eyes, class player, classy leader on and off the pitch

UTS
UtS

Back