• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Now I know its clutching at straws but if the strange things were to happen and Torquay only draw the last home game .And crawley drew against A Battleing Hereford .then we beat Oxford then the last sataday would be fun with the other two away and us at home . Still at worse we have cemented our play off spot with the away leg first .

Had a fiver left in my SkyBet acc so put it on Crawley & Torquay drawing with us beating Oxford.

Most likely wont happen but will make for a good last weekend & £220 return will more than pay for the play-off tickets & travel..:smile:

Come on boys, the glass is not half empty, but half full, torquay and crawley WILL screw up, sufc WILL win the remainder games and sufc WILL get the automatic third spot place. Think posititive things, and postitive things will happen.

SUFC is going up in the third place spot, MARK MY WORDS.

Come on boys, the glass is not half empty, but half full, torquay and crawley WILL screw up, sufc WILL win the remainder games and sufc WILL get the automatic third spot place. Think posititive things, and postitive things will happen.

SUFC is going up in the third place spot, MARK MY WORDS.

They've been marked...............I'm sure someone will remind you of them in a week or so. :smile:

Oxford look ripe for the taking, with only three points from their last five matches, and Macclesfield will be sunk by the time we play them. Surely we can get two wins. Hereford will still have something to fight for versus Crawley, thanks to their draw yesterday and our win against Barnet so it won't be straightforward for Crawley. Accrington held Shrews yesterday, if they can hold Crawley in their final game ...... If Crawley get two draws (by no means impossible) then we'll be up on goal difference (having beaten Torquay of course)....... lots of IFs, but it's suddenly possible to see a route to automatic promotion when I thought the chance had gone long ago. Just need Bilel out on the wing again...!!!

It would be great if we went into the last match with a slim chance of the last auto spot.
But to be honest its the play offs, and at least we have found some form to drive us forwards to our final victory !

Now I know its clutching at straws but if the strange things were to happen and Torquay only draw the last home game .And crawley drew against A Battleing Hereford .then we beat Oxford then the last sataday would be fun with the other two away and us at home . Still at worse we have cemented our play off spot with the away leg first .

The fat lady will not sign for us, the transfer window is closed:hilarious:

It's unlikely that we will get 3rd but its worth a try. 2 wins from the last 2 games is all we can do and then hope for the best. Stranger things have happened.

although i dont think it will happen just look at the s**t crazy results that have been going on in the prem in the last few weeks wigan at arsenal and beating man u, everton today you just dont know what this insane game is gonna chuck out next

We can still do this I have not once lost the optimism we deserve that 3rd place. I think the likes of Crawley and Torquay will slip again and we can close the gap and be within a point.

Lets just concentrate on the job in hand give the lads great support as always and hope for 3 points against Oxford.

I will bet again as won my bet on friday night, predict a 3-1 Eastwood, Bilel and Hall to score

Am I right in thinking we dont need to win our last 2 games?
A draw against Oxford (coupled with a win over Macclesfield) could be enough if Crawley lose both games, and Torquay only manage a single draw in one.

I still think Crawleys run in has been the factor, and that Hereford wont be good enough to hold them on Saturday.

Hereford have been awful all season long but its a fight to the death down there and I think they no 1 win could potentiallly be a decider think they will be well up for it. but they have both crawley and torquay to play so they need to do us a big favour.

Come on Hereford

We can still do this I have not once lost the optimism we deserve that 3rd place. I think the likes of Crawley and Torquay will slip again and we can close the gap and be within a point.

Lets just concentrate on the job in hand give the lads great support as always and hope for 3 points against Oxford.

I will bet again as won my bet on friday night, predict a 3-1 Eastwood, Bilel and Hall to score

Why do we deserve it ?

We want it sure, but here are 4 teams above us who deserve to be above us as they have more points.

For me its not a glass half empty/glass half full situation, its a basic fact that we have to win 2 games, one against Oxford, and for two teams to mess up and for Hereford to do what that havent done in eight games, and win. Twice.

The reality is that its unlikely for all 6 of those results to go our way.

Its nothing to do with being optimistic or pessimistic.

If we can go into the last game with a chance of going up that will be great and make for an exciting finish, but I expect nothing better than a playoff position now so wont end up disappointed. Its the hope that kills you...

Back