• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fifth Test

looks a grim in town today.. cant help feeling ponting should have declared before lunch yesterday when he saw the way the ball was swinging.. give mcgrath and lee a chance to help warne out a bit.. plus if they had got us out say by lunch today then they had the option to bat in the dark if needs be...
im all for a late start today , the crowd getting cidered in the pub then play commencing after lunch

Damn. What the hell are England trying to do? Two out in two balls, a mere 67-3. Much more of this and we'll be in trouble.

Sensible? From Pietersen? Seeing as he was almost caught a couple of minutes ago, I'm not holding out much hope at the moment.
sad.gif

I've said it all summer. Why the fcuk is Bell playing when we could have had Thorpe in! If he isn't dropped after this series then its a shambles. You've got Robert Key (admittedly i'm not his greatest fan) who made some runs against proper sides who gets dropped, whereas Bell only gets his chance because he scored some runs against Bangladesh!!!

FS, Bell made 70 on debut v Windies, but I agree Thorpe should have played.

Every run England score is vital as its not only one less ball to survive but also one more run Australia have to get. If England are bowled out but have a lead of 150+, Australia will be under the type of pressure England are currently under.

Shaaaaaaane has just dropped KP off the bowling of Lee. First ball of the next over, KP carted Warne for six and broke his bat in the process!

oops.gif
laugh.gif

100/3, lead of 106.

Doh! Not only do you beat me to posting, your computer is also updating quicker. Still 94/3 on my computer.

Cricinfo up and running again. Pietersen hit a second six that over.

Is taking on Warne a wise option? I'm in two minds. I don't think you can block him out all day, but neither am I convinced that you should be trying to slog him out of the ground. Maybe be dropped made him think that he's not going to be out their long, so may as well score as many as he can whilst he's out there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 12 2005,12:07)]Cricinfo up and running again. Pietersen hit a second six that over.

Is taking on Warne a wise option? I'm in two minds. I don't think you can block him out all day, but neither am I convinced that you should be trying to slog him out of the ground. Maybe be dropped made him think that he's not going to be out their long, so may as well score as many as he can whilst he's out there.
It's a conundrum that has baffled better cricketing minds than mine. You cannot hit Shane out of the attack. All that you can say is that Shane may not get quite as much joy against the two right-handers (Freddy / KP) as he would against left-handers.

So long as we don't lose any more wickets before lunch, then we can take stock there.

I cannot concentrate today, this is mind-boggling...

Matt

On the wicket of Trescothick I think there was a case of sending out Hoggard as a "lunch-watchman", as any more big wickets here and we are in the $hite. These two at the crease now, though, of course could take this totally out of the grasp of Australia if they stay together until an hour after lunch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 12 2005,12:14)]I cannot concentrate today, this is mind-boggling...

Matt
Its amazing how many websites have ball by ball updates, and i'm just flicking between the whole lot keeping myself involved!! Also taking a later and longer lunch than usual.

Back