• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi Guys, not been on here for a bit, so I thought I'd bump this thread up again!

It looks like our prized asset aka Rob Holding is on his bike, he hasn't played today (not even a sub) because according to reports, we have a bid in for the lad and it looks like he'll be off.

We could be in line for some substantial funds, so expect your gaffer to be linked with us once again,when/if Holding is sold.

Just thought I'd keep you guys up to date. :smile:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/arsenal-identify-new-10million-summer-target-report/?

Hi Guys, not been on here for a bit, so I thought I'd bump this thread up again!

It looks like our prized asset aka Rob Holding is on his bike, he hasn't played today (not even a sub) because according to reports, we have a bid in for the lad and it looks like he'll be off.

We could be in line for some substantial funds, so expect your gaffer to be linked with us once again,when/if Holding is sold.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/arsenal-identify-new-10million-summer-target-report/?

You do realise that your lack of funds has never been the issue don't you?

It doesn't matter if you sell Holding or not, Phil Brown is not going to Bolton for next season. Again, he's made it quite clear to those around him that he has never, and will not break a contract. Your only chance is if Ron Martin sacks him, and that is very unlikely at this moment.

It kind of is though, if they can stump up the compo (rumoured to be around £300k) then this may now have some legs in it again.

I agree, Ron wouldn't say to that money, when he can then for either:

Powell: Unemployed so no compo and probably around the same wages as PB
Cocko : Rather less wages and promote from within
Cowley: Would say very little compo and much less wages..

It doesn't matter if you sell Holding or not, Phil Brown is not going to Bolton for next season. Again, he's made it quite clear to those around him that he has never, and will not break a contract. Your only chance is if Ron Martin sacks him, and that is very unlikely at this moment.

Then why did the prick take so long to come out and say he was staying next season. Caused months of uncertainty and ruined the dressing room and our results went to toilet!

Does Danny still teach? As far as I'm aware he's in a very senior role in teaching and although that may sound boring, it has a lot more stability than football management.

If that's the case, I think it'd be a very touch decision to make if we were to offer him a contract.

If Braintree were promoted, I wonder what his stance would be... Last I remember they were a semi-professional club[?] so I assumed he could juggle teaching and football.

Powell --- Ron Martin's choice
Cocko --- A defender. How has our defence shaped up this year?
Cowley --- the lure of a new stadium may be just the thing to snare him.

Powell --- Ron Martin's choice
Cocko --- A defender. How has our defence shaped up this year?
Cowley --- the lure of a new stadium may be just the thing to snare him.

I do, I do, I do believe in fairies.

Haven't you got better things to do like cleaning out tout pigeons and walking whippets, goodbye

If I win the Euromillions next weekend, I'll give RM 5 times the £300k compo and drive the orange **** up to the Macron myself! Please, please take him.

Then why did the prick take so long to come out and say he was staying next season. Caused months of uncertainty and ruined the dressing room and our results went to toilet!

Because he's in the middle of renegotiating his contract with RM?

Really think that this continual sniping at Brown is now getting not just boring but damaging, especially for those continuing their criticism. Whatever one may think of Brpwn and his shortcomings, it's now looking pretty certain that he will still be in place come the new season. At what point are these critics going to get off his back and support him and his players next season?............or is this carping going to continue into the new campaign. Though I certainly have reservations about him, he got us promoted and kept us comfortably in League One this season, which is no mean feat. I'm acutely aware I support a rather unfashionable (to the outside world, at least) League One side and I'm very careful and realistic about the quality of alternative manager we'd be able to attract..........I think some people need to be careful what they wish for. For me, i shall be carefully scrutising the additions PB makes in the close season. I may not have liked some of the things which have gone on in the last couple of months but that's now in the past. I will be fully behind PB and the squad for the new season. That's certainly not to say that, if we start the new campaign as we finished this one, he will escape the wrath of my tongue and my word but let's all start the new season with hope and expectation.

Really think that this continual sniping at Brown is now getting not just boring but damaging, especially for those continuing their criticism. Whatever one may think of Brpwn and his shortcomings, it's now looking pretty certain that he will still be in place come the new season. At what point are these critics going to get off his back and support him and his players next season?............or is this carping going to continue into the new campaign. Though I certainly have reservations about him, he got us promoted and kept us comfortably in League One this season, which is no mean feat. I'm acutely aware I support a rather unfashionable (to the outside world, at least) League One side and I'm very careful and realistic about the quality of alternative manager we'd be able to attract..........I think some people need to be careful what they wish for. For me, i shall be carefully scrutising the additions PB makes in the close season. I may not have liked some of the things which have gone on in the last couple of months but that's now in the past. I will be fully behind PB and the squad for the new season. That's certainly not to say that, if we start the new campaign as we finished this one, he will escape the wrath of my tongue and my word but let's all start the new season with hope and expectation.

Please remember that the Zone is the platform for all opinions, not just the positive posts or ones you like.

If people feel the manager is good/bad then it is up to others to post their thoughts.

Back