• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
unless you are a Bolton fan.

Don't ask me how I know but it might be worth starting the "which managers are looking for work thread" again.

unless you are a Bolton fan.

Don't ask me how I know but it might be worth starting the "which managers are looking for work thread" again.

When you write something like that, the first thing anyone is going to ask is, how do you know that?

Dear oh dear. Probably not for the last time. Yes, the Bolton consortium want Phil Brown. No, the Chairman won't let them talk to him. Yes, Phil Brown is very happy here and wants to stay (from a very good source that has never been wrong yet).

The first thing I ask is "Why aren't any bookies offering odds on next Bolton manager?"

Bookies almost never offer odds on the next manager of a club until the old one is definitely gone so that doesn't show much. The only exceptions are big teams like Man United where loads of people will want to bet on it. Having said that the bookies currently have Lennon at 33/1 to be the next sacked championship manager so clearly they aren't aware of this mystery source.

Look lets be realistic here.

If a club like Bolton (despite their financial status even with a takeover) comes in for Phil then it would surely be too tempting to turn down.
Its not just the size of the club or the history (some of us remember playing Bolton regularly in the league some years back)
Its also the location ie back Up North.

If he goes (which is pure speculation at present) I will thank him for the memories and style of football he bought in and will always be in awe of him thanks to a certain day at Wembley where I felt like a child again.

Look lets be realistic here.

If a club like Bolton (despite their financial status even with a takeover) comes in for Phil then it would surely be too tempting to turn down.
Its not just the size of the club or the history (some of us remember playing Bolton regularly in the league some years back)
Its also the location ie back Up North.
If he goes (which is pure speculation at present) I will thank him for the memories and style of football he bought in and will always be in awe of him thanks to a certain day at Wembley where I felt like a child again.

Many clubs like Bolton have come in for Phil since Wembley. In the last few months he was meant to go to Fulham and Sunderland, done deals according to some. He has also been linked in his time with us to Sheff Utd, Derby, Notts Forest, QPR, and a few smaller clubs than those like Rotherham and Barnsley and all the rest.
He's still here.

Rigsby told me in an earlier Brown thread:

'There is a bit more to it than the normal rumours. Even if its not Bolton we will find it difficult to keep our best two assets this summer....Bentley and Brown. Both will be offered contracts several times more than what their on at the moment.'

Ronny tells me:

'That PB is not going anywhere'

DTS offers this:

'Don't ask me how I know but it might be worth starting the "which managers are looking for work thread" again.'

TSNB tells me:

'Dear oh dear. Probably not for the last time. Yes, the Bolton consortium want Phil Brown. No, the Chairman won't let them talk to him. Yes, Phil Brown is very happy here and wants to stay (from a very good source that has never been wrong yet).'

Take your pick which versions you prefer, I haven't a clue.

PB gets tapped up by bigger club.

We don't want him to leave.

PB is considering his options, depending on offers on the table and whether current club gets promoted and keeps better players or potentially new club stays up and has more cash to spend.

It's a common theme when a smaller club has a successful manager. Jimmy Floyd being a very comparable example.

PB would be right to consider his options. He is in a strong bargaining position here.

It's whether Bolton is worth the step across.

Doesn't always work out for the best and he'll know that, plus he is settled living down here and has easy access to his media work in London.

It would need to be a big juicy carrot for him to go, IMHO.

Back