• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With respect Gaz_BWFC, is that really true? Are Dean Holdsworth's consortium are going to pay off 192 million of debt, pay off the current manager, buy out the current owners, and provide the new manager with the sort of budget that will help ensure Bolton's place in the Championship? The new consortium must have deep pockets!
Debt? Eddie Davies has written off all of the debt except for £15 million and he'll only get any of that money back depending on our success under the new owners, in the next 5 years. We've just sold £11 million of assets to pay off other creditors and like I said, the new owners will be pretty much debt free and the club starts again with a clean slate.

If anyone seriously believes that the chairman not allowing Bolton to speak to him is going to scupper any deal, they clearly know very little about UK football. If Brown wants this, it will happen. And whilst I'd be disappointed he'd go with my best wishes - has done his shift here and achieved far more than I ever thought he would.

If anyone seriously believes that the chairman not allowing Bolton to speak to him is going to scupper any deal, they clearly know very little about UK football. If Brown wants this, it will happen. And whilst I'd be disappointed he'd go with my best wishes - has done his shift here and achieved far more than I ever thought he would.

I agree with you, but I would be much happier if he doesn't move on but stays here and takes us up instead. You never know, Ron may announce his new big news and FF will kick off in the summer and 'seal' the deal for Phil to stay. Oh, and Bolton will have to look elsewhere.

With respect Gaz_BWFC, is that really true? Are Dean Holdsworth's consortium are going to pay off 192 million of debt, pay off the current manager, buy out the current owners, and provide the new manager with the sort of budget that will help ensure Bolton's place in the Championship? The new consortium must have deep pockets!

The old chairman is writing off almost the whole debt, so yes they will be debt free.

I agree with you, but I would be much happier if he doesn't move on but stays here and takes us up instead. You never know, Ron may announce his new big news and FF will kick off in the summer and 'seal' the deal for Phil to stay. Oh, and Bolton will have to look elsewhere.

Oh, yes. I forgot about that. When was that supposed to happen again?

Oh, yes. I forgot about that. When was that supposed to happen again?

Sadly I think this may have legs - Brown hasn't come out an refuted the link as when he's previously been linked with jobs. If he goes, we'll survive.

Glossing over the fact that he masterminded Celtic's victory over Barcelona...
...D'you know, I thought exactly the same last night.

Manager of one of the biggest clubs in Britain, yet apparently he can't produce at Bolton.

Maybe it's more to do with the club than with him!

Is great to have a manager that other clubs want!
As for Bolton Wanderers? I would imagine that this is a club that could tick many of the boxes for PB.
However, after a period out in the wilderness, Mr Brown will know that his stock can fall as well as rise. Bolton Wanderers? At the moment? I would imagine that PB will have very, very major reservations.

We could all have written the script when PB joined. Was always going to be either a total disaster & he'd be gone in less than a year, or he'd be succesful, get us promoted and become a target for bigger clubs having regained his reputation. And to be fair he's always said he wants to get back to managing at the highest level possible. He's northern, he has history with Bolton, they are a far bigger club, with top class facilities, will pay him far more, yada yada. Want him to stay but if he goes, good luck & thanks for dragging us out of the L2 sewer. we move on. We all know how it goes.

Has anyone else noticed in the media lately brown has been hinting saying, (not word for word), that Southend are a stepping stone to get back up the leagues. He wasn't saying this 3 months ago!

Has anyone else noticed in the media lately brown has been hinting saying, (not word for word), that Southend are a stepping stone to get back up the leagues. He wasn't saying this 3 months ago!

I haven't heard him say stepping stone, I've heard him say he wants to manage at the highest level again. I've heard him mention managing Southend in the championship too. I hadn't really noticed any difference in his public ambition, perhaps it's more noticeable and you pick up on it more when you see rumours like these?

To be honest, I think if we do make a move for Brownie, it will most likely to be at the end of the season. Apparently, Lennon's 650k compensation dramatically reduces if we get relegated which is looking highly likely. You guys still have a great chance of promotion and maybe that's what would keep Brownie at Southend.

Like our goalkeeper, PB will catch more eyes if we got into the play-offs and even more if we got promoted.

He would have a potential fast-pass ticket to Premier League management by waiting until the end of this season, rather than making a decision now.

There's plenty of sides in the PL that are constantly on the look-out for a manager and even sides at the top of the Championship, like Derby County for instance, churning managers regularly, chasing the holy grail.

Taking on a potentially relegated Bolton, could be selling himself slightly short.

After all, he has a history of reasonable success in the PL and getting into it, so could still be a good asset by the summer, especially if a London based club came in for him who would allow him to continue his media work with TalkSport and SKY.

To be honest, I think if we do make a move for Brownie, it will most likely to be at the end of the season. Apparently, Lennon's 650k compensation dramatically reduces if we get relegated which is looking highly likely. You guys still have a great chance of promotion and maybe that's what would keep Brownie at Southend.

I think that will be the time to get him, he could think he has taken us as far as he can on smaller budget and smaller crowds . The hatred that was aimed at him when first joined was unbelievable, and perhaps he feels the Championship maybe a step too far with the current club and rather than damage any credibilty leave with his head held high.
By staying in Div 1 with a club, who may have better funds and potential to attract players it maybe the option if Trotters offer him the job. Wouldnot blame him, and maybe the so called fans who wanted him out on day one, will get what they wanted and pray it will be better for us

Fans are fickle, but maybe he is better working on a smaller budget rather than have millions and invest in players who only want the money and not the club at heart
Good luck for remainder and hopefully both playing in Championship next season rather than a cross over

UTS

I’ve no insider knowledge of the goings on here, but I’d actually be fairly surprised if Brown left for the Bolton job at this moment in time. We’re poised for a potential play-off push (although I think we’ll actually miss out) whereas Bolton look buried at the moment. There’s everything to play for here, and pretty much nothing to salvage there. It just wouldn’t suit Brown’s ego.

Getting us into the play-offs would be a substantial achievement for Brown’s CV. I dare say he’d love the idea of the Bolton job, but it’s just not the right time to be taking it.

If we fall short of the play-offs, players like Bentley get poached and Bolton look stable, then I’d say it’d be a completely different situation come the summer. Then the strong money is on us starting 2016/17 with a new manager.

Nope, he's still here, he's still not going. No matter what people are saying and speculating, and the wrong inside information.
Hopefully him and the squad can now just concentrate on the promotion push.

Let's do a straight swap at the end of the season, we get Brownie and you get a ginger clueless Muppet that's beaten the mighty Barcelona!

Back