• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

I remember someone slagging Ron for not pulling the trigger......Along the lines of "why can't he see what all the rest of us can"

What it does show is that chairman who listen to fans are idiots.......Mike Ashely comes to mind.

If you're referring to me then yes I did say something along those lines. But as you follow my posts so closely you must have seen that I also admitted I was wrong and think Brown has done an excellent job in turning it around.

Being a professional football manager at the higher levels has to be the best gig in the world.

Sign lucrative contract
Get sacked
Large pay off

Then repeat.

Being a professional football manager at the higher levels has to be the best gig in the world.

Sign lucrative contract
Get sacked
Large pay off

Then repeat.

Seems to be the only profession in which being sacked adds to a CV!

Sign lucrative contract
Get sacked
Large pay off

Then repeat.

Not as good as being a PL player

Sign bigger contract than manager
Play with no professionalism or pride
Blame manger for being American
won't get sacked

Ex-Shrimper Justin Edinburgh sacked by Gills according to Sky.

Very weird appointment by Swansea, can see this one being gone by end of season .

Paul Clement hmmm

Anyway back on sacked thread Notts County sack Sheridan after 9 losses on the bounce

Not sure what Mr Scally expects,Justin was the toast of the club just a few months ago before they faded,had a decent start this time round but again faded....small club always bouncing from league 1 and 2 yet Scally wants more.

It was revealed at the week end the Norwich manager if the club sack him will cost 5 million to pay him off !

What a brilliant gig he has then.:stunned:

Not sure what Mr Scally expects,Justin was the toast of the club just a few months ago before they faded,had a decent start this time round but again faded....small club always bouncing from league 1 and 2 yet Scally wants more.

Yes very annoying when someone is never happy with their own club....Isn't it mrs..

Yes very annoying when someone is never happy with their own club....Isn't it mrs..

I'm a realist,

We will bounce around the lower leagues with the odd second tier thrown in....no problem with that whatsoever.

Shame, he was handed a poor set of cards. Egan and another (can't recall name) sold for good money and he got JET in.
Then Gills seemed to get lots of injuries and JET either was unplayable and great or dogshite poor with the balance being only 1 good game in 4.
Many a time I am pleased to have both PB and Ron.:blush:

Mike Phelan sacked at Hull, a certain Phil Brown is 20/1 to replace him.

Steve Davis also sacked by Crewe.

This sacking moves Brown upto 11th on the longest serving list.

In terms of managerial changes since Tilly took over, I'd reckon we are second, with only Arsenal in front of us.

In terms of managerial changes since Tilly took over, I'd reckon we are second, with only Arsenal in front of us.
Exeter have had Tisdale since 2006 I think so would expect they'd be second, and Jim Bentley has been at Morecambe for quite some time so might sneak ahead of us too. But we'd certainly be right up there I think.

I hope that's not because of the "men versus girls" comment he made and then of course had to apologise for. If it's because of results then that's pretty harsh, he got them promoted last season and they're comfortably mid-table. Wonder if he might go back to Port Vale.

Back