• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sacked manager thread

Remember when it was still sunny way back in September. Reading posts about why Kenny Jackett was just the man we needed at Southend.

Remember when it was still sunny way back in September. Reading posts about why Kenny Jackett was just the man we needed at Southend.

I reckon he thought that the job was an impossible one .

And very swiftly replaced by Zola, stitched up or what!

I don't know how long he had on his contract but Rowlett will get a good golden goodbye, also he has a proven track record with Burton and Brum for getting improvements on a limited budget. What next for him? Wolves? Notts F? a n other struggling Midlands club? He won't be out of a job for long and will have a good festive season.
Slightly interesting that him and J F Hasselbank have both been sacked at their next club on from B.A.

I doubt Zola will do great things at Brum, even if he has £10 million plus to spend.

success punished, sacked for not being foreign and exciting and daring to do a good job at managing a football club. he should get at least a top Championship club.

dirty cheating *******

Reading all these sacked manager posts ,makes you realise how the Southend managers job would appeal to many mangers,we have a chairman ( whether you like him or not ) who shows faith in his managers,and gives them time and help when we have said funds available to do his job,also i dont think he interferes too much.I can understand why PB wouldnt want to leave Southend,even though many on here seem to think he puts in for every vacant managers job going.Im quite thankful we have RM as our chairman, yes we are late paying taxes etc and get embargoes ,but i tend to think thats part and parcel of being a small club without much funds,he has to juggle the books to pay what he thinks is the most important at the time , the thing being that eventually they all get paid and we are still solvent and at present thriving i think .Good on you RM and thank you.
:happy:

Bob Bradley gone after 11 games, madness (not necessarily sacking him but giving him the job in the first place).

Whereas his brother Harry didn't fare so well.

I don't understand it. None of us on here were calling for Brown to go when results were not going our way. :hilarious:

Just goes to show that Ron has done a great job by not being trigger happy like other chairman.

Just goes to show that Ron has done a great job by not being trigger happy like other chairman.

I remember someone slagging Ron for not pulling the trigger......Along the lines of "why can't he see what all the rest of us can"

What it does show is that chairman who listen to fans are idiots.......Mike Ashely comes to mind.

Back