• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going back to what Pubey says, there is an interesting story about Pizza Hut, isn't there Mr Gladman ... !!

:D

A truly amazing account there, you may not think you're a hero, but I think you might find the rest of the board here disagrees with that.

Fair play mate and thank you for the insight, that actually put a lump in my throat!!!

Reading that puts a lot of our day to day moans and groans into prospective.

Agree with that.

A really fascinating read and an insight that we are also unlikely to see in the press.

Glad you're back safe and sound mate.

Thanks for doing that. Makes all the SZ petty squabbling look even more stupid.

I thing I noticed:

waiting for mail to come through

Next time you go on tour, why not put a postal address on here so the SZ faithful can send you some letters and hopefully give you something else to look forward to.

f**k me , that was one helluva post.
Regardless of ones thoughts of whether our boys should be there, they are and they are carrying out their countries wishes and it is being done unwaiveringly in the most testing of circumstances.

Great post Chadded - here's hoping this will all be over soon and all the soldiers will return safe and sound.

I'd say people like yourself, other soldiers, nurses, doctors etc are the ones who make this country proud.

Top post Chadded, excellently written. Does make all the petty SZ squabbles look daft. Stay Safe.

Biffa - I think that the only reason so many people opened this thread is they thought it was going to be a post about you meeting Stan Collymore...

On a more serious note though - I think Bambi put what most of the SZFC lads think. You were giving the "war hero" title for a reason amongst us guys. Yes, we take the p*ss, but we make it in a jokey way so it's not too much of a serious thing. I do not believe there is one person within SZFC, or even on SZ.com who does not respect what you boys do out there. Many people daydream about helping others etc, but not many have the balls to go out and do it. That is the amazing part.

You brought a tear to my eye reading parts of that. As you know mate, I'm as hard as nails so that's some achievement ;)

Exactly this time next week, I'm looking forward to catching up on a beer or two with you. I may even give you a hug when you get here, which you can pass onto Sheila (Steve's Mum).

I did notice you didn't include all the things you missed though. However, there are plenty of rather large women over here, so it shouldn't be a problem catching up on what you've been missing :)

Steve, even if you don't consider yourself a war hero, (sometimes - while not pulling fatties), you are our hero. :clap:

Einstein

p.s. Blimey - people will do anything for rep these days.333

Its quite amazing how someone who prances around Bakers in a checkered/barn dance style shirt is actually the war hero that you are!

Seriously though, great read and I'm sure that everyone would agree that being in the army is a complete selfless good deed for life and appreciates would you lot go through out there.

I think Help for Heros is a brilliant cause. Either get the wristband or buy the X Factor song to raise money!

Biffa,

Only just read this, and I'm glad I did. I'll again echo what Einstein and Bambi have said, stop being so modest - you are a hero as well.

Remind me to my face though that I've said that and I'll just take the mick out of you like usual ;)

Back