• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes indeed. He showed a lot of class at times and some moments of toilet too but is a good player.

If he really wanted to be here Id certainly have him but we need players who want to play for us.

for me he is the one player who showed how to lead the front line for us this season, amazing vision, brought players in to the game and scored great goals, yep so he missed a few to, if harrold had missed half as many goals as he did you would all have your hands in your pants saying how good he was to get into that position, anyway what do I know ayye

For what it's worth, I agree. Clarke was also usually forced to play a role (as targetman) that didn't suit him and that he clearly did not like yet carried on and did the job. I didn't see the infamous Donny game and his attitude must have been poor in training for Tilly to have said what he did but I don't see how anyone can question his on-pitch contribution.

We needed more strike power - we seem to have got it. We needed more width - we got it. OK so another CB would be nice but to be fair - any club on the planet wants to bring in better than they already have.
There is still tomorrow though, we'll wait to see any new faces.

Although I hope that we can break into the top six this year if we failed in our quest i wouldnt be too downhearted looking at the future potential of this team.

If not this year, we will challenge in the automatic region next year with a up and coming championship side.

Throughout the moaning Tilson has been building a very very good team for the future.

:)

Throughout the moaning Tilson has also kept trying to keep the team playing football... A lot of managers under soem precieved pressure would resort to safety first defensive hoofball.. Tilson to his credit, in a big game had the team trying to play some good stuff and against the top points scorers in the league.. That takes some bollocks.. Even if we dont make the play offs i will happily pay to watch the kind of entertainment Tilson is trying to provide.. More so than some of the industrial ,super organised, cynical garbage some so called more successful managers insist on

Throughout the moaning Tilson has also kept trying to keep the team playing football... A lot of managers under soem precieved pressure would resort to safety first defensive hoofball.. Tilson to his credit, in a big game had the team trying to play some good stuff and against the top points scorers in the league.. That takes some bollocks.. Even if we dont make the play offs i will happily pay to watch the kind of entertainment Tilson is trying to provide.. More so than some of the industrial ,super organised, cynical garbage some so called more successful managers insist on

Good post and it's one of the main reasons I continue to back Tilly 100%. After years of dross from most of his predecessors, Tilly got us playing in a committed, entertaining way from day one - very brave considering where we were in the league at the time.

Quite frankly I think we've generally been spoilt by the standard of football on show under his leadership and long may it continue.

Fair play to Tilly,

I have had a moan on her about his lack of activity in the market but I do firmly beleive that he has come up trumps (based on the limited amounts that I have seen) on Barnard and to a lesser degree Revell.

Be interesting to see if we get anyone else before the deadline.

Fair play to Tilly,

I have had a moan on her about his lack of activity in the market but I do firmly beleive that he has come up trumps (based on the limited amounts that I have seen) on Barnard and to a lesser degree Revell.

Be interesting to see if we get anyone else before the deadline.

Well said Dave. As we all know making signings is never an exact science for all manner of reasons. I still think we will have one more in before the window shuts tonight. Also the "emergency" loan window remains open.

I do firmly beleive that he has come up trumps on Barnard and to a lesser degree Revell.
There's one area in which Tilly deserves particular credit... and that's signing players who actually want to be here.

Leon Clarke, for all his talent, never really said that he wanted to join us, that he wanted to be a success for - and bring success to - our football club. At the first sign of troubles on the pitch, he went missing; and you could be damn sure that at the first sign of a fatter pay-cheque from another club, he'd have been off like a scalded cat.

In Barnard and Revell, Tilson has signed two forwards with not only great potential, but with great attitude. They won't just turn up for Leeds at home; there'll be there for trips to Cheltenham and Carlisle, where 3 points are still 3 points, and where we need everyone pulling in the same direction and giving 100%.

I for one don't bemoan Leon Clarke's departure. If he didn't really want to be here, then he's not the man for us. So full marks to Tilly for signing players (Revell, Barnard, Scannell, Masters, Francis, Harrold and Barrett all jump to mind as players who want to play for our club and our manager) who will give everything to the cause of Southend United.

After all, when you've got everyone pulling in the same direction, you really can achieve remarkable things.

UP THE BLUES!

Matt

extremely happy now we have a few more signings in. very hopeful of completing a good transfer month with a final signing or a big commanding centre back. for me this needs improving and fast.

would be very useful for them to be a big threat on set pieces.

Back