• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of position, diving in rather than jockeying his man. Not Timms fault but he is no LB. I'd be playing Hendrie but I'm not the manager

He must save that for games I've missed then, as it's certainly something we continually hear mentioned around where we sit.

Like I said in the original post when I was at Pompey people around me slagged him on occasions when he had actually defended well. Football fans are experts at seeing what they want to see.

Nobody sees the mistakes Coker makes defending. Most think he is brilliant going forward, he would be much better if he actually crossed the ball without fuss.

Yes there are better Left backs in L1 But Hendrie has lost his way since his impressive stint with us....Could be a combination of 101 reasons not just PB's management skills as some will claim. So in the meantime what are some of yo trying to gain by shouting abuse at Timlin. Just last night a young lad who sits in the South Upper was telling me about an ongoing row with a fan in the upper in a game we won.

Like you I have defended John White for many seasons now. Again a player marked down at Pompey for his lack of 'getting forward'.....First decent attack by Pompey and they put a great cross in from their right, JW had already glanced over his shoulder made the ground and at full stretch flicked the ball away with the top of his head, probably saving a goal at the back post. Demi would have struggled to make the header. I like the look of Elvis but would he have read the danger and moved quick enough. Not if you watch the only goal at Shrewsbury.

Just a reminder probably less then 2 years ago people would post on here about one of 'Browns favourites', others should be given a chance etc. Do yo remember the derogatory term.......The 'undroppable' Lenny.

Remember crass comments on here ( not you OBL)fuel the opinions of gobby idiots in the stands. The ones who will shout out 'Ive paid my money'....WELL SO HAVE THE REST OF US....SO SHUT UP.

Personally, I find it quite easy to agree with you on the football (almost never on politics,of course). :winking:

Don't worry I'll always respect a Southend fan even if he should be locked up in the Tower of London awaiting trial for High Treason.

I would even allow you to have Ifollow in your cell and you could wear a signed Alan Moody shirt to the gallows. As a reminder of what loyalty and honour really means :winking:

Pride, passion, commitment = Michael Timlin for Sufc

If the rest of our a squad showed the same levels as MT im sure we would be in the top 3 of the league

Man of the match today.... or damn close anyway. He was excellent ... even sprinting 70 yards to overlap in the 93rd minute in a selfless attempt to create space for others. Top man

The great game certainly throws up strong differences of opinion. I dont see Timlin as a left back. I watched him quite closely today. On the positives he hit two lovely cross field passes, seemed to build his enthusiasm and energy as the game went on and did go flying up field to overlap towards the end. He does see those through balls and can hit the creative pass, although as usual played two dreadful ones that led to their breaking through.
On the flip side most of their danger came down his side in the first half apart from when they scored, as Ferdy possibly slipped and got out paced again ( Where was Demmy ) I thought Timmo got done too many times and was caught out of position, you just cant allow that many crosses to come in. When they hit the bar and post both were from Timlin losses, the second because his lack of height caused a problem in the air. Again the lunging, silly tackle came in from behind and another card ensued.
So for all his left footedness benefits ( and whole heart ) we would be far more solid with White. I dont believe Timlin had a particularly great game today , ( Turner , Cox and Lenny did ) indeed Oxford were unfortunate not to score 4 and 2 would have been down to Timlin. Until Ferdy takes a break and Timlin shifts from left back we will continue to be very vulnerable and continue to make the mistakes that concede

100% commitment and dedication, playing out of position, wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Will never be our best player, but a very strong, loyal, team player who should be respected for all he has given to this club!! The negativity at Roots Hall by some is really starting to **** we off...is it getting worse?

Great post Rigsby!

Watched him more closely than normal yesterday, couple of mistakes but yes, I agree, he had a good game.

Thought he had a good game today, one of the few players to hit an early pass. Wish some of the other players had his level of enthusiasm and commitment.

Am i right in thinking Timlin is going to miss the next match against Oldham due to picking up he's 5th yellow of the season?

Am i right in thinking Timlin is going to miss the next match against Oldham due to picking up he's 5th yellow of the season?

The official SUFC site stats show that he has accumulated 5 yellow cards. I believe that earns him a one match suspension, presumably against Oldham as the next game.

Cheers RHB, I thought so. I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned before.

We need to be a tad careful, Cox is only one yellow card away from a ban also. Our current strike force already doesn't look to promising. Take him out of the equation, and I can't see us getting much return from Theo, Ranger and MAF.

Also according to the FA website Demetriou is also just a yellow card away from suspension. (although I can only find 3 yellows so far this season).

Last edited:
According to Soccer base
Demetriou - Gillingham Wimbledon Blackpool Peterborough
Cox - Rotherham Rochdale Peterborough Walsall plus Col U in Checkatrade.
Cut off could be Nov30 -Thursday -so escapes. Then 10 seems to be after 37 matches.

Premier league has different rules 20 games for 5 or 32 for 10.

Cheers, it was the Blackpool one I was missing.

I believe the EFL and National League cut off dates are on or after the 1st January, so until that time they would get a ban. In other words, they both have another 6 games to get through in that time (until after our home game against Shrewsbury on the 30th December) to get a ban. What ever they get on the New Years Day game against Charlton, they should be safe for now.

I could be wrong though.

So Timlin will miss the Oldham game, what will PB do as clearly he doesn't fancy Hendrie in that position,or will have to play him

Man of the match today.... or damn close anyway. He was excellent ... even sprinting 70 yards to overlap in the 93rd minute in a selfless attempt to create space for others. Top man

Not sure about MOTM but certainly a much better performance by him. Ironic that he won't be playing against Oldham after having a fairly decent game at home for once.

Thought he had a good game today, one of the few players to hit an early pass. Wish some of the other players had his level of enthusiasm and commitment.

Personally I had him as my MoM. He's a league 1 footballer, so to expect a flawless performance is unreasonable. With that in mind I think the positives from Saturday massively outweighed the negatives. He never stops communicating either, although I suspect some of the other players my get rather fed up with some of that!

Back