• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not even just the players we used , its the fact we made so many changes in one go, never a great idea.

If people want to criticise Brown for doing that and not taking the JPT seriously thats one thing, but to use the game as any sort of yardstick for our league performance or overall form doesnt make much sense to me.

Because as I have already answered, the form was showing signs of turning before the Daggers game, not after, and we had just beaten one of the top 3 away and unbeaten in three at that point, plus the team we put out was a weakened side so showed we werent taking it seriously.

The changes had already been used at Oxford, so not sure how Silencer calling for them worked.

The reason I was happy to bring it up was because Silencer the week before accused me of having an anti-Brown agenda, which is totally untrue, and then he creates a thread himself....

OMG - did a grown man just write this :hilarious:

Wow - you want to get a room or what http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/images/smilies/Like-ohmyGod.gif. What is with the paranoia, who mentioned you. My opinions on you are not for this forum, I am just a little tired of you digging at my posts every single thread 'Dude'.

Back to the debate. So our nine non starting players are reserve players now!!! This includes Prosser, Eastwood, Timlin, the Mighty Straker (Sorry to offend the Straker fans) amongst others, pretty flawed arguement 'Dude'. We may have a few youngsters who you could class as reserve players (Auger, Nije, Pinnock etc) but not the players on the bench/injured/suspended.

Four changes does not rip the heart out of a team, not when you include the likes of Timlin, Payne etc Now you are (in my opinion) just clutching at straws with your flawed argument once again. And even if the spine of the team was altered, this should not mean that the team loses the ability to defend set pieces. They are professional footballers who work on the training ground 5 days a week.

Finally, do you really think "that there are a number of people on here who like Straker (not just Wiggy) who probably took exception to your pretty derogatory comments"...if so, get a grip. Your having a pop at me for taking exception to peoples comments yet that is exactly the same. Flawed again.

Eastwood and Prosser can be classed as first team as they start games. The others dont, theres a big difference. (and Eastwood didnt play either)

Timlin obviously has a lot of experience and I have no issues bringing him into the team, but he is still not a starter.

When you bring in 4 players who have barely played, whether you call them reserves or not, then its going to have a detrimental effect on the team. Just making 4 changes to a team is going to upset the apple cart.

images

Timlin - one of our most influential players at the club

Smith - experienced Prem and Championship keeper

Reid - a dozen goals in league two last season

Payne - game changer who fans and management are raving over

Hmmmm.....not exactly a second string.

Timlin IMO is overrated by our fans, but that aside he hasn't played much football over the last 6 months due to his broken leg and incarceration and it's going to be a while before we can expect to see him at his best.

Smith has dropped down the leagues and out of contention here, his performances last season left the door open for an unproven youngster to take his place and he doesn't seem mentally strong at all. The fact he played at a high level doesn't mean he is a good option, it seems when the chips are down his performances are affected more than most and I'd suggest that is why he is where he is now.

Reid again has had no game time in a completely different team from the one he was in last saeson.

Payne did a good job and is a great prospect, out of all these players I'd say he is the one that didn't weaken the side but the fact is he can still be considered second string as he isn't in Brown's 1st 11.

Think he is using their career totals rather than this season.

Yes I was......as per the original question. To be fair, this is getting petty and boring. Supablue is even taking the times to count and compare stats. Get a grip

"How many League first team starting appearances do they have between them?"

Flawed again
:zzzzz:

Yes I was......as per the original question. To be fair, this is getting petty and boring. Supablue is even taking the times to count and compare stats. Get a grip

Flawed again

Er he asked how many games the players had started and you said the "reserve" players had played more than the likes of Leonard, who is starting every game.

This season Leonard is a first team starter and Timlin isnt. Just because Timlin may have played more games in his career doesnt change that.

Just calling everyone elses posts flawed doesnt make yours make sense.

Flawed again

images

Er he asked how many games the players had started and you said the "reserve" players had played more than the likes of Leonard, who is starting every game.

This season Leonard is a first team starter and Timlin isnt. Just because Timlin may have played more games in his career doesnt change that.

Just calling everyone elses posts flawed doesnt make yours make sense.

Jesus, do I really have to keep answering. :zzzzz:

Jam Man, now you have resorted to making things up. The question plain and simply was "How many League first team starting appearances do they have between them?"

Maybe let it go aye, we can all be wrong at times, it is allowed, don't threat.

Jam Man, now you have resorted to making things up. The question plain and simply was "How many League first team starting appearances do they have between them?"

We were discussing who were classed as first team players, so the question that superblue asked was relating to how many starts have they made this season. He may not have been specific in his wording but that was his meaning.

Dont worry about it though, we can all be wrong at times...

Probably the most sensible thing you've said in a long time. Admitting you're wrong is a good way to go. Maybe next time you'll think things through before knee jerk posts.....

Have i missed the signing of the nazi brothers?
Are they any good and where do they play?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back