• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He used the word hope twice in your post.

I really dont get the big deal, we have only played the two main strikers we bought in one game and the loan window opens next week and we can still sign free agents anyway.

I am fast coming to the belief that this thread is now a waste of time. I'd be interested to know (perhaps a poll) how many players others on here believe we will sign before the transfer deadline?............this is different from how many players PB would like to bring in and perhaps needs to bring in. Personally, I see the completion of the signing of McLaughlin plus a goalkeeper, should Dan make a last minute exit.................and that's our lot.

Happily a new goalkeeper wasn't required :smile: ..........apart from that I wasn't far off the mark. The loan signing of Rea came as the only surprise, I don't suppose Thompson re-signing could be termed as such. Whether it is enough will become evident in weeks to come as the risk of injuries and suspensions kick in. One not so good statistic from last night's game were the four yellow cards, including ones for Mooney and Hunt.

Im not knocking who we have got in but don't day you are talking to 3 or played and a signing is imminent unless you are sure

Why? He can do/say what he wants. I assume he was HOPEFUL, but it didn't come off...yet anyways. I'd imagine any player we wanted would've been surplus to requirements or on a loan..as it's unlikely we would be signing anyone for a fee. So we can go again in a week once the loan window opens or continue to try and sign whoever it may be on a free.

Happily a new goalkeeper wasn't required :smile: ..........apart from that I wasn't far off the mark. The loan signing of Rea came as the only surprise, I don't suppose Thompson re-signing could be termed as such. Whether it is enough will become evident in weeks to come as the risk of injuries and suspensions kick in. One not so good statistic from last night's game were the four yellow cards, including ones for Mooney and Hunt.

We have 22 players with Brown still looking to add a striker. Surely thats enough.

Any drastic losses in players we can use the loan market.

Not shocked in the slightest, he's been talking to strikers for ages now.

Start the ACAS rumours.

Im bit dissapointed we didnt bring in a striker today, what with those crucial fixtures coming up during the month of September, but maybe in hindsight, its a blessing in disguise. perhaps a loan signing might be a better option.

Speaking of future matches... Shrewsbury towns loss of Ryan Wood to Brentford, could also hand us a small advantage in just over a weeks time. It seems he was highy rated by the club, the fans and particually in the media. I read that he was voted as one of the top 10 best young players in the football league.

How much did Wood go for? He looked absolute class.

Back