• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not the end of the world if a striker, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't sign for us today as the loan window re-opens again soon.

The best bit of business we could do today is keep hold of Dan Bentley.

I'm quite happy with the squad as it is, to be honest. If we can improve any position then obviously we should try to but Hunt & Mooney is a good strike-force in this division - get a settled first choice midfield behind them and we'll score goals.

Whilst it would be nice to bring one in we have barely played the ones we have yet so not fussed to be honest.

If we are signing loans or free transfers it doesnt have to be today anyway.

Amazing how one game can make a difference, Before last night we NEEDED a striker it was a MUST, not it seems people wont be too worried if we do or we dont.. I actually think Hunt, Mooney and Piggott will do for this division, would like one more though. Although i dont think they will be ahead of Mooney or Hunt at the moment. A Loan will do for me, but hopefully one who has been out at a league two club and been decent, like Elliot Lee. Just a back up incase of injuries.

In the echo

The original quote that I quoted said 'will be signing today' the echo says he would like to. More than likely we won't sign anyone today and will get someone in if required when the loan window opens.

Just saw on the BBC site that Jack Payne has signed on loan to Orient.

took me a second to calm down, and realise it was a different Jack Payne

Not shocked in the slightest, he's been talking to strikers for ages now. He will probably wait until the loan window is open.

Yes, that's what I reckon. I doubt whether we are going to splash any cash on anyone half-decent. Of course, in answer to my own question above, Kypriano is out of contract, thus transfer window rules don't apply.

For anyone who listens to twitter accounts (and stuff from this account has appeared on here) :

Back