• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reeves looked very lively but I certainly want to see more of him.

There was a moment where he tried to be too fancy and lost possession which Oxford then ended up attacking and forcing a corner.

He certainly seems to have the skill and flicks, but Im hoping they dont cost us. Probably just got caught up in the excitement and hoping when he settles we will have a good player there.

because no Southend player was near and wanted the ball!

Yes , that was my view of it too.
He looked very comfortable though ( as he should coming from a PL set up ) , but hope that he's not 'too' advanced in thought for some our team :omg:

The fact is that Reeves has played 6 first team games this season including in the prem league, therefore on paper he would be considered a better player than any of ours or orients. If orient have been scouting us over the past few weeks they would no nothing of this lad. I would bring him in and play him as the attacking cm player with leonard holding and timlin and hurst out wide. I think that could do a job for us. I think reeves is a must from the short part he played on saturday.

However i think PS might bring straker in on the left, especially as their right winger is quick apparently and then a middle two of leonard and timlin. Most important part of this game is to still be in the tie at the end of 90mins. A positive result would be great, but a 1 goal defeat wouldnt be a disaster, just like Crewe last year....Oh wait a minute!!!!

Anyone think we might play /start with five in midfield, maybe corr or britt upfront on his own, or Harris.

...............................SMITH.......................
CLOHESSEY...PHILLIPS...CRESSWELL....BARKER
LEONARD.......HURST....TIMLIN.........REEVES...
........ASSOMBALONGA......CORR....................

EASTWOOD,LAVERY,PROSSER,BENTLEY,WOODYARD

I hear the pitch at Birdbrain lane is diabolical. A real muddy quagmire in the middle. Therefore a long ball tactic may be not such a bad idea so Corr needs to be on his game big style. Leonards long throws will be essential + i would expect the main danger area would come from their right flank where Obudajo/Cox attacking Barker or maybe Prosser will need some help from the men in front. Maybe Reeves will be on fire + push them back ! The best form of defence is attack!!!

Having seen the Borient team on paper it doesnt look anywhere near as experienced as ours + they will miss Chorley at the back. This game is very much up for grabs , so get behind our boys , sing your hearts out + lets intimidate the Orient players. They are nothing. We've got the sign over them at their gaff , lets beat 'em ! UTB

Having seen the Borient team on paper it doesnt look anywhere near as experienced as ours + they will miss Chorley at the back.

Really? How wrong can you be? We have vastly experienced members of the team, namely Lee Cook, Martin Rowlands, Dean Cox, Lloyd James, Scott Cuthbert, David Mooney. The list goes on. The only real inexperienced players are Moses Odubajo and Mathieu Baudry (who probably are our best players anyway!) As for missing Chorley, not at all. He was the 4th best CB at the club. Cuthbert and Baudry, who will start tomorrow, are among the best in L1.

I've no doubt tomorrow will be a tough game for us, but get your facts right at least! The only bit you've got correct is that the pitch is indeed crap.

Really? How wrong can you be? We have vastly experienced members of the team, namely Lee Cook, Martin Rowlands, Dean Cox, Lloyd James, Scott Cuthbert, David Mooney. The list goes on. The only real inexperienced players are Moses Odubajo and Mathieu Baudry (who probably are our best players anyway!) As for missing Chorley, not at all. He was the 4th best CB at the club. Cuthbert and Baudry, who will start tomorrow, are among the best in L1.

I've no doubt tomorrow will be a tough game for us, but get your facts right at least! The only bit you've got correct is that the pitch is indeed crap.

Wooo there , easy Tiger..................

Didn't go to the game on Saturday but going by the reult, I would assume the team to be:

Smith
Clohessy - Phillips - Cresswell - Barker
Hurst - Leonard - Timlin - Reeves
Corr - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley - Prosser - Eastwood - Woodyard - Lavery​

I have no idea what the 2 new guys are like so the bench may vary but I would assume this to be the starting 11, maybe a few positions swapped over though i.e. Reeves swapped with Timlin? Hurst swapped with Leonard?

Firstly Hernia boy i dont know why you are spying on our website .
Secondly according to Soccerbase stats your 11 have played just 1615 league games , ours have played 2132 .
Thirdly i played for you lot for 2 years alongside the likes of Lee Harvey in the 80's so i know a damn sight more about your soon-to-be-defunct club than you ever will about the mighty Southend.

so stick that up your pipe + smoke it .

:thump:

Firstly Hernia boy i dont know why you are spying on our website .
Secondly according to Soccerbase stats your 11 have played just 1615 league games , ours have played 2132 .
Thirdly i played for you lot for 2 years alongside the likes of Lee Harvey in the 80's so i know a damn sight more about your soon-to-be-defunct club than you ever will about the mighty Southend.

so stick that up your pipe + smoke it .

:thump:

Spying? This is an open internet forum, intended for discussion. I'm no Sherlock Holmes mate!

Where's the link to these stats?

So you played for a guff lower league side for 2 years 25 years ago alongside the MIGHTY Lee Harvey? How does that make you the font of all knowledge about the present day Orient lineup, which is the subject of this thread? I've only looked at BBC Sport and Wikipedia about your squad, I'm sure you've done the same about ours.

I doubt we will be defunct - ****ing around the lower leagues, yes, but not defunct.

Ridiculous argument.

The fact is that Reeves has played 6 first team games this season including in the prem league, therefore on paper he would be considered a better player than any of ours or orients. If orient have been scouting us over the past few weeks they would no nothing of this lad. I would bring him in and play him as the attacking cm player with leonard holding and timlin and hurst out wide. I think that could do a job for us. I think reeves is a must from the short part he played on saturday.

However i think PS might bring straker in on the left, especially as their right winger is quick apparently and then a middle two of leonard and timlin. Most important part of this game is to still be in the tie at the end of 90mins. A positive result would be great, but a 1 goal defeat wouldnt be a disaster, just like Crewe last year....Oh wait a minute!!!!

Anyone think we might play /start with five in midfield, maybe corr or britt upfront on his own, or Harris.

would hate to start with one up top just sends all the wrong messages, be defensive, stop them playing, dont concede, kind of takes away from the point of footy......score more than them. But who knows, in luggy we trust

You're right there. Good enough to take 4 points of them this season, mind...

Well, if you got points for Cup games we've taken the equivalent of four points off Brentford too - but the FA Cup replay showed their class. A close thing over the two legs I reckon but this is the year we finally get to grace Wembley.

I think a win tomorrow is the only way we will ensure we progress to Wembley. A draw or slim defeat will not be enough as we generally clam up in pressure scenarios....Crewe all over again....

bOrient have shown they can compete in League One by taking points off of some good teams - but then not picking up points in games they perhaps should.... sound familiar?

For the record I think that Sturrock may try and sneak Prosser into the game from the start and maybe push Barker forward into midfield, or maybe even drop him (can't see this though). Barker for me was poor on Saturday, Alfie Potter went past him too many times and he looked vulnerable.

Smith
Clohessy Philips Cresswell Prosser
Hurst Timlin Reeves Barker/Leonard
Corr Assombalonga

Well, if you got points for Cup games we've taken the equivalent of four points off Brentford too - but the FA Cup replay showed their class. A close thing over the two legs I reckon but this is the year we finally get to grace Wembley.

What a deluded optimist. Oh hang on.

Back