• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV programmes you'd like to see again

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
For example, On the Buses, won't be re-shown because of joke racism but in parts was okay and might help explain 70's attitudes to younger folk.

That was just an example, I'd like to see "Just Good Friends" again, lots of it apparently were filmed in our corner of Essex.

I used to love the Professionals and the Sweeney although by today’s standards they would not be regarded as “politically Correct”

For example, On the Buses, won't be re-shown because of joke racism but in parts was okay and might help explain 70's attitudes to younger folk.

That was just an example, I'd like to see "Just Good Friends" again, lots of it apparently were filmed in our corner of Essex.
Think we’ve got it.

I used to love the Professionals and the Sweeney although by today’s standards they would not be regarded as “politically Correct”

Plenty of stuff from the 70s and 80s wouldn't be PC enough for these days!

Hello Pen...

Thurston Avenue, just off Southchurch Boulevard was used as one of the parents' houses (my friend lived next door). Some was shot on Canvey sea front.

Back to subject.

Bring back Jeux Sans Frontiers (for you non Francophones, that was the international version of Its a Knockout). Southend once competed, coming a lowly fifth in Antwerp. (sad that I know that!)

Block busters is back on Comedy Central, I saw it last week. It had Dara O'Briain as the host. It was O.K. but Dara O sort of dominated the first half of it. He didn't ask a quiz question until over 10 minutes in.

Back