• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in Southend, UKIP are not able to show a semblence of party unity, their leader appears to be voting with the Tories now and saying some unkind things about his (former) colleagues.

The real thing about UKIP is that they are a protest party. If there is a referendum about our continued involvement in the EU, and it is lost, then UKIP cease to have a raisonne d'etre. Then what???

Of course in the real word UKIP wont get enough votes to get more than a handful of MPs, and no sensible political party would touch them with a barge pole as part of a coalition, mainly because they couldn't be trusted and would demand things they wont get.

What might happen though is that UKIP take enough votes from the Tories (and this is why Cameron champions the Greens) to throw Dishface out of Number 10.

This not a party political comment on behalf of any party, I am as disillusioned with the system as others are. I know if you put a blue rosette on a toaster in Southend East it would win. And probably do a better job than the present incumbent.

Swap UKIP for SNP and you pretty much have an analysis of th Scottish vote too.

Swap UKIP for SNP and you pretty much have an analysis of th Scottish vote too.

Not sure how you managed to link the two together. From I gather from my friends north of the border, the SNP appear to be doing a decent job. Recent polls suggest a 19% swing from Labour, that will kill them in the polls in May.

Anyhow, I wish I'd held fire on posting my initial post. "EU sponsored colouring books brainwashing kids". You really cannot make this stuff up.

Seems that the Thanet election is going to be very close and the significance is that if he fails to win Farage said he will quit as leader. Not sure it would be the 'humiliating loss' that the Mail state as he has fought and lost there many times - but he has stated his own consequences clearly on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-humiliating-defeat-Tories-Thanet-seat.html

Absolutely no doubt about it, if he fails to win South Thanet then he will resign the leadership the next day. Nothing is set in stone but I feel Carswell would be my choice but I think it will be either Steven Woolf or Paul Nuttall. Saying that, I wouldn't rule out Suzanne Evans to take over.

There are no surprises in Politics, I am fed up with all of them making empty promises etc. I will vote (always will) hopefully an indie will be standing in Maldon

The Truth About Fat?

Ha! No this..http://www.theguardian.com/politics...oll-nigel-farage-not-win-thanet-south-mp-tory

Very clunky net connection here.
Isn't that a link to a live stream? you see, the thing about live streams is they show what's live, not what happened a few hours ago. It's a bit like turning the TV on and saying "you must see this news report" and expecting it to be there because it was last night.

Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious.I was sending the live stream link to an English relative living in France!

See above for explanation.

Seems that the Thanet election is going to be very close and the significance is that if he fails to win Farage said he will quit as leader. Not sure it would be the 'humiliating loss' that the Mail state as he has fought and lost there many times - but he has stated his own consequences clearly on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-humiliating-defeat-Tories-Thanet-seat.html

Mentioned on another thread, but I've backed Labour at a big price to win that seat. UKIP a still deserved favs, but not as straightforward for them as they would have hoped.

Pretty fluid market, but at the time of writing, Labour are second favourites in South Thanet and their odds are shortening by the day. Interesting...

Pretty fluid market, but at the time of writing, Labour are second favourites in South Thanet and their odds are shortening by the day. Interesting...

It's not in the bag for Farage by any stretch of the imagination. I think that if he does win then the majority is going to be in the hundreds at best.

The manifesto has been given the once over by the independent Centre for Economics and Business Research and it all adds up, apparently.

UKIP commissioned the CEBR to sign off on the sums because it believes credibility is the final link in the chain.

Had to laugh at the "we're scrapping renewable energy subsidies to create a level playing field for coal" nonsense.

Can we rely on your vote then?..............Oh yes, you can't vote, only snipe from afar.

Ha! I'd only be able to vote in the UK if the Tories went ahead with their plans to abolish the 15 year rule for Brits.abroad.

The Bill did get a first reading in the Commons just before Parliament was dissolved but I suspect it's unlikely to be prioritised by either Labour or indeed the Tories after May 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back