• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

US Presidential election thread

So who are you voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.There is a fashion section (which includes menswear).Probably what you're thinking of.

Not thinking of the Daily Heil? It's lovely women's section that likes to drool over the 15yr old daughter of Cindy Crawford and attacks women for the slightest bit of cellulite.

No I hate the mail with a passion.

And I was thinking of the Guardian, which does still have a Womens section!

Interesting and encouraging if Trump is willing to modify his views in face of the evidence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528

That really depends on if he seriously hated Obamacare to begin with, or if he just said he did to make himself popular with Republican voters, he actually said he liked the idea of forcing insurers to provide cover for people with preexisting conditions earlier on the campaign before he starting using more black and white 'get rid of it all' language. People forget that just over a decade ago Trump was a democrat and was going on about how much better the economy works when a democrat is president. He's very good at lying (or at the very least using selective language) to gain popularity. We could see a very different set of policies to the ones he made out he wanted now that he's in the White House, it's hard to tell and we probably won't know until he's actually sworn in. Although another possibility is Trump is very easily convinced since he doesn't really have any strict policy beliefs, which could lead to 4 years of him flip flopping between ideas as different people talk to him.

Did anyone honestly believe he'd be able to enact even a small portion of his more outlandish promises?

Yes, probably a huge number of those who voted for him. No wall, no internment camps, no arrest of Clinton, carrying on with ObamaCare, no ban on Muslims = one very ****ed off bunch of gun totin' good ol' boys.

yeah sure but I was just reassuring Bearded that its ok to agree with something you have forwarded, its going to happen on occasion but we can all still tell it like it is and agree you are still evil and he is still decent. I even picked the right one to put as a maybe so we are all good on that too.

phew, thanks man. it was pretty close for a minute there, but that reassurance has really got me through.

The fact that Rusty posted it kinds means he 'said' it and I agree with it, even though I think what Rusty believes in is horrendous. I've never met Rusty so I don't know if he's a **** or just ******* in his political views. Sadly the response to both Brexit and Trump is crap. The snobbery and patronising ******** by the bleeding heart lefties who should be my comrades makes me kinda understand why people voted against the way the liberal elite wanted

v9AEiv9.jpg

LGBT For Trump?
Rusty, you've taken this whole Trump love thing a bit far mate

phew, thanks man. it was pretty close for a minute there, but that reassurance has really got me through.

The fact that Rusty posted it kinds means he 'said' it and I agree with it, even though I think what Rusty believes in is horrendous. I've never met Rusty so I don't know if he's a **** or just ******* in his political views. Sadly the response to both Brexit and Trump is crap. The snobbery and patronising ******** by the bleeding heart lefties who should be my comrades makes me kinda understand why people voted against the way the liberal elite wanted

Maybe you're not much of a "leftie" after all.Comrade.:winking:

Maybe you're not much of a "leftie" after all.Comrade.:winking:

what would you allow me to be then?
are my nearly ten years of membership of the Labour Party enough for you to allow me to call myself left?
are the hundreds of doors I've knocked? how about my spring for Sadiq, summer for remain and autumn for a local council by-election? is that good enough for you?
or is it that in your kind of left only the official party line is allowed and all other views are verboten?

comrade

what would you allow me to be then?
are my nearly ten years of membership of the Labour Party enough for you to allow me to call myself left?
are the hundreds of doors I've knocked? how about my spring for Sadiq, summer for remain and autumn for a local council by-election? is that good enough for you?
or is it that in your kind of left only the official party line is allowed and all other views are verboten?

comrade

FWIW,I've always thought that the left was a pretty broad church.

It certainly doesn't consist exclusively of membership of the Labour party.

FWIW,I've always thought that the left was a pretty broad church.

It certainly doesn't consist exclusively of membership of the Labour party.

doesn't matter if they're in Labour just so long as they agree with you?

i missed the bit where you explained what authority you had to decide what I am allowed to call my politics

Climate change was a subject not much debated (surprisingly?) in the election. The chilling article below, indicates the consequences of Trump carrying out his environmental promises as a plausible suicide note for the world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...ce-to-disaster-republicans-most-a7418296.html

I would imagine the reaction of some on here, will be to dismiss it as another one of the leftie elite pushing the scare button.

Climate change was a subject not much debated (surprisingly?) in the election. The chilling article below, indicates the consequences of Trump carrying out his environmental promises as a plausible suicide note for the world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...ce-to-disaster-republicans-most-a7418296.html

I would imagine the reaction of some on here, will be to dismiss it as another one of the leftie elite pushing the scare button.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the last line of his post. Yes, it's a **** pushing the scare button.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the last line of his post. Yes, it's a **** pushing the scare button.

Just what I thought. :smile: Hooray for oil, hooray for coal, hooray for fracking and the rest of the world can take the consequences. No one with any sense believes the experts when they warn us about global warming. No one gives a damn as yearly temperatures continue to rise, all a bloody Chinese myth.:winking: Yahooooo, as the human race charges towards oblivion...................no, hang on a minute Trump will save us, won't he??????

Would be interested to hear your view on it Rusty?

I dispute the fact that anthropogenic climate change is settled science. I think President Elect Trump should keep an open mind on the subject. I heartily support any policy that reduces our dependence on oil from the Middle East and I would like to see the US, Russia and Canada squeeze the life out of OPEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back