• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vote Carl Pettefer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Feb. 08 2005,20:22)]I've tried 3, and all 3 produce the same result.
sad.gif
Have you tried different names?

Bet a cookie has been stored on your PC delete all cookies and try again!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Feb. 08 2005,20:01)]Seems like the Oxford fans are trying to do the same thing as us with this PFA award.
Hopefully as they have 2 players in the top 5 it will split the Oxford vote & Carl can then steam in & claim his rightful prize!

Carl is currently top, but I guess it is worth deleting the cookie on your PC and then getting the 'other members of the family' to add their vote.

After last night performance, you must be joking, any other month so far and i would have voted. Untill i see him put in a good performance in this month, i dont think i will. I thought last night was one of, if not his worst southend performance, he had a really up and down game. A couple of nice quick feet at times, but then others his first touch was terrible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 09 2005,10:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Feb. 08 2005,20:01)]Seems like the Oxford fans are trying to do the same thing as us with this PFA award.
his rightful prize!
Rightful? All he does is work hard, I haven't seen one really outstanding performance from him yet. He doesn't deserve it, if I could vote this month I'd vote for Hunt.

FFS, collective voting isnt a perfect system becuase there are always going to people who disagree and also the player in questions is going to have bad games.

However collective voting does allow the chosen player to have a better chance which IMO is much more mportant than "are you joking", "Hes a Plum", "I would vote for Lewis hunt" posts.

The bottom line is, Would you prefer a Southend United player to win the award or another clubs player?

I would vote for him if he deserved it. The idea of a winger (especially at home) is to use it (by skill, pace, trickery - none of the things he has) to try and beat your opponent and get the ball into the box. He wouldn't even get in my top 15 players, but then he's one of my 'least' favoured players. I'd love him to prove me wrong but he's only made a few assists all season and the chance of him scoring a goal now and again is non-existant. Apart from that, he's great ...

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Feb. 13 2005,14:14)]I would vote for him if he deserved it. The idea of a winger (especially at home) is to use it (by skill, pace, trickery - none of the things he has) to try and beat your opponent and get the ball into the box. He wouldn't even get in my top 15 players, but then he's one of my 'least' favoured players. I'd love him to prove me wrong but he's only made a few assists all season and the chance of him scoring a goal now and again is non-existant. Apart from that, he's great ...

wow.gif
Sheesh!
ghostface.gif

This is nothing to do with Petts, and everything to do with SUFC! This is a mickey-mouse poll, and we are doing our best to take the mickey out of it! Winning the poll is winning it for our CLUB, which player gets it is incidental.

Getting all sniffy because you think a different player deserves it more is just silly. The player you prefer (probably quite justifiably) has no chance of winning. Petts has, but only if we ALL get behind the team and vote for ONE PLAYER or, like last month, our vote will be divided and we get nothing.

It's simple, either we all vote for an agreed player (this month it's Pets) and we try and win this for the CLUB, or we go and vote on "principal" and some other scummy league two club gets the thing.
down.gif

Put it this way, a vote for anyone but Pets is as good as a vote AGAINST SOUTHEND!

I think Yeo probably deserves it more this month. He's been central to Lincoln's recent good form that has propelled them up the table.

Don't worry though, not voting for him! Then again, my principles are suggesting that I really shouldn't be voting in something like this. Bit of time left to decide I suppose....

P.S. Do you not think the players might think something's amiss after Petts gets the award in spite of having one of his worst playing months for Southend, thus taking all the award's prestige away?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 13 2005,23:54)]I think Yeo probably deserves it more this month. He's been central to Lincoln's recent good form that has propelled them up the table.

Don't worry though, not voting for him!  Then again, my principles are suggesting that I really shouldn't be voting in something like this.  Bit of time left to decide I suppose....

P.S. Do you not think the players might think something's amiss after Petts gets the award in spite of having one of his worst playing months for Southend, thus taking all the award's prestige away?
You are a student trying to get through 3 years of study on two hours sleep a night and a massive overdraft.

Therefore, you have no principles. Who are you trying to kid?

And that's probably a bit deep for the lads, they'll just think it's the award for January.

Now go and vote.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 14 2005,00:01)]You are a student trying to get through 3 years of study on two hours sleep a night and a massive overdraft.

I think you're confusing principles with standards. For clarity, see the following examples.

Principles:
Thousands of students march the street of London against new plans for student fee structuring

Standards:
My mate offering to eat an overcooked grey yoke from inside a poached egg for 20p.

Does this help?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 14 2005,17:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 14 2005,00:01)]You are a student trying to get through 3 years of study on two hours sleep a night and a massive overdraft.

I think you're confusing principles with standards.  For clarity, see the following examples.

Principles:
Thousands of students march the street of London against new plans for student fee structuring

Standards:
My mate offering to eat an overcooked grey yoke from inside a poached egg for 20p.

Does this help?
Hmmm....

Not an example of Principles. You have deep self-interest in opposing higher fees. Principles is when you have been graduated for 5 years, you still turn out and march. Or someone offers to pay off your entire student debt if you don't march - and you still march.

Standards. You are a Southend fan, you have been doing the equivalent of that, but paying them to let you eat the yolk.

smile.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 14 2005,18:42)]Hmmm....

Not an example of Principles. You have deep self-interest in opposing higher fees. Principles is when you have been graduated for 5 years, you still turn out and march. Or someone offers to pay off your entire student debt if you don't march - and you still march.

Standards. You are a Southend fan, you have been doing the equivalent of that, but paying them to let you eat the yolk.

smile.gif
upside.gif
I'm a finalist so there really is very littel self interest. Nothing's going to change by June and by the time my kids are going to uni, the process will most likely be closer to resolution.

Second bit's pretty much true. This egg really did look as bad as Neil Campbell's ability on a bad day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 14 2005,22:36)]Second bit's pretty much true.  This egg really did look as bad as Neil Campbell's ability on a bad day.
Gross.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sorry, your vote was not accepted
Thank you for your interest in the Fans Player Awards, unfortunately we only allow one vote a month so please visit us again next month to get another vote and your chance to meet your footballing hero.

Still not allowing me to vote for Petts, don't worry I'll keep trying.

Yep, still having problems as well, even after deleting every single temporary Internet file and cookie.
sad.gif

Perhaps it works on the assumption that you can't possibly know who to vote for yet!!

Back