• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just started Tom Bower's critical biography of Tony Blair:Broken Vows.

Looks like a good read.Timely too, considering TB's media assault at the weekend and inevitable re-appearance when Chilcott is eventually released.

Enjoyed F.Scott Fitzgerald's short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

A one euro bargain bilingual audio book from El Pais.

Quite different from the rather weak film adaption.

front.jpg

Just a little plug!

- 4,001 visitors to the website as of this morning www.rootstothe92.co.uk
- five star ratings on Amazon (and some from whom I don't even know who they are!)
- plenty of likes etc on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RootsToThe92/

Need to sell a few more tho to get to my aim of funding season tickets for my son and me next season which have not yet purchased but hope to get there - will be selling copies at MTBD. So in the end Uncle Ron gets the dosh from the book:smile:

Another plug.This time for Charles Davis's Hitler, Mussolini and Me.

It's hilariously funny and extremely well written.

Available on Amazon.

(Should add that Charles is a mate and an ex-EFL teacher).

Flat out and flat broke - Perry McCarthy.

Forward by Damon Hill - "If you are ever blessed enough to meet Perry, he will first ask you how much money you have on you,then how much you can get, and finally if you could give it to him so he can go racing.

Hitting the road Dahl books with my six year old daughter. BFG and the witches done. Storytelling at its best bringing back great memories for me and new wonders for my little girl.

nearly finished Day Of The Triffids. i'm really enjoying it, i like the post-war English horror. i think there's something very unsettling about that traditional English horror

i'm now reading LABOUR’S IDENTITY CRISIS - England and the Politics of Patriotism for work. it's interesting but makes for fairly depressing reading as a Labour supporter

51IrivFcBFL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Fascinating insight in to the career of one of cycling's workhorses. Not a great rider, not a winner of any races, but a vital cog in the machine.

Last edited:
Back