• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finally finished 'The Sagas of Icelanders', only taken me 2 months, but a fascinating read that is the best possible historical document of the Viking world. Highly Recommend.

Next up, SFA's Gruff Rhys 'American Interior'

Pitch Black - Alex Gray - About a Scottish Championship Team with a dodgy chairman who have sold their ground to a supermarket group !
Their two new Summer signings have been done in.

Just started Owen Jones's The Establishment (And how they get away with it).

Must say I thought Chavs.was a better book, though this looks timely for next year's election.

Doubt if it'll achieve classic status though, unlike Antony Sampson's wonderful Anatomy of Britain.

Got lent Michael McIntyres' book - it's ok considering he's only about 30 odd - thought he felt compelled to put too many gags in the book -I know that's his job but it was a bit too much & got in the way of some of the more interesting parts.

Tailgate to Heaven : A British NFL fan tackles America

Some guy sells his flat and goes to the US to view a game in every stadium in one season.

Its ok, guy rubs me up the wrong way as he doesnt like football and when he uses it as a comparison to American Football his arguments and reasoning pretty poor. Didnt help that his first NFL game he went to he said he left with 5 minutes to go because his "beloved" Bears were losing.. Leaving 5 minutes in an English game is bad enough, 5 minutes of an NFL is terrible, especially if you rarely get the chance to go.

Tailgate to Heaven : A British NFL fan tackles America

Some guy sells his flat and goes to the US to view a game in every stadium in one season.

Its ok, guy rubs me up the wrong way as he doesnt like football and when he uses it as a comparison to American Football his arguments and reasoning pretty poor. Didnt help that his first NFL game he went to he said he left with 5 minutes to go because his "beloved" Bears were losing.. Leaving 5 minutes in an English game is bad enough, 5 minutes of an NFL is terrible, especially if you rarely get the chance to go.

5 minutes to go of NFL means about another 2 hours of weak beer, hotdogs, and Time Outs surely? :zzzzz:

Picked up Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club for a £1. So far, as enjoyable as the film, with onlt a couple of notables differences.

Enjoyed So Long Marianne by kari Hesthamar.

The Marianne in question is, of course,the Marianne of Leonard Cohen's song.

This is oan affectionate memior together of their time on Hydra back in the 60's.

Ignore the reviewers, if you're interested in the book.It's a well-written and moving story.

Back