• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The nowhere men. A investigation into football scouts, what they do, how they operate etc and also how modern technology has affected the scouting network, for example the boom of statistics.

I've also recently read forbidden forward, the story of Justin Fashanu, which was a good read.

Just read a few books;

Never go Back - a Jack Reacher book. Standard Reacher fare - bit cliche now but decent enough
Skagboys - prequel to Trainspotting. No real plot, more a bunch of sketches some of which are amusing, some horrific. But overall a tad disappointing
The Shining Girls - after all the puff pieces, expected better. No real motivation, no real reasoning, prose was OK but the story wasn't there
Night Film - excellent - a journalist looks into the film director Cordova. This is excellent writing - solid characters with good motives, bit of humour, bit of tension, a few scares.

Now rattling through Nemesis by Jo Nesbo (Harry Hole #4) - it's a 700 pager - finding it easy to read as it so well written.

Slightly off topic. As a digital reader, I was finding it was becoming quite expensive to keep buying book after book. I got a random email form bookbub and signed up for it. You get 1 email each day listing bargain - often free -books available on Amazon usually as special offers for a day.
Saves a lot of time trawling through for bargains.
http://landers.bookbub.com

Slightly off topic. As a digital reader, I was finding it was becoming quite expensive to keep buying book after book. I got a random email form bookbub and signed up for it. You get 1 email each day listing bargain - often free -books available on Amazon usually as special offers for a day.
Saves a lot of time trawling through for bargains.
http://landers.bookbub.com

Sounds handy - sadly I am a luddite & enjoy the experience of looking through the charity shops for my bargain reads after spending my book vouchers!

Sounds handy - sadly I am a luddite & enjoy the experience of looking through the charity shops for my bargain reads after spending my book vouchers!

Shame I don't live closer - I've got loads that I can't give away via Freecycle and I'd hate to dump them into landfill.

Shame I don't live closer - I've got loads that I can't give away via Freecycle and I'd hate to dump them into landfill.

So give them to your local charity shop. That's what I used to do until I got a Kindle.

Anyway, currently reading Day of the Jackal, it's very good.

Accidentally bought An Exquisite Sense of What Is Beautiful by J. David Simmons - was only 99p and it seems ok so I'll give it a go,.

Just finished I am Pilgrim. Perfectly enjoyable trashy crime thriller. Being turned into a film apparently.

Just read Gone Girl, which was superb and can't wait for the film
Also read a Tim Moore travel/comic/journal which was a good read on the coach to Carlisle
Now reading Kathryn Schulz's treatise on being wrong. http://www.beingwrongbook.com/

It is excellent and frequently mentions Barnablue.

Back