• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Sorry but I've never seen an episode of West Wing (or House of Cards either,for that matter).

Partly because I don't care to fork out for Murdoch TV but mainly because I prefer original British dramas rather than their transatlantic counterparts.

Firstly, how do you know you don't like it if you haven't seen it?:unsure:

Secondly, it was also produced by Time Warner and first shown in the US on NBC, and then on C4 in the UK, so what has that got to do with Murdoch:unsure:

FYI the West Wing is one of the finest TV series (of any genre) ever made. Although it's liberal views won't sit well with your beliefs.

MK Shrimper said:
Anyone been watching Ordinary Lies? Apart from the 1st episode (which was a big misfire IMHO), it's been a good ol' drama. Last night was particually uncomfortable if you're a father.
Yes, we've been watching. It's been good, although I think the stories have fizzled out a bit each week. Hopefully they'll tie them all together at the end.

The first episode of series two of Inside Number 9.

Excellent suff and the only time I have seen Jack Whitehall on TV and not wanted to jump through the screen and dispense a dry slap.

I agree about Inside Number 9. I hope tonight's is as good as the first and especially the second episode.

Now I'm a Masterchef advocate, but I have to say this series in one of the worst. Hardly any challenges apart from "cook a plate of your own food", and a few of them just do their own ethnic food. I cannot stand the bloke who just cooks Japanese food.....boring!

Watched the penultimate episode of Banished last night. Brilliantly acted, can't wait for the final episode next week.

Oz has just started on some random sky channel. Haven't watched it for years. Still pretty shocking, and a little dated

Up to date with Inside Number Nine.

Great stuff.

I need to watch them properly. Only half-watched the 2nd one and it was good. The missus is well into it but I'm spending far too much evening time doing work.:sad:

I need to watch them properly. Only half-watched the 2nd one and it was good. The missus is well into it but I'm spending far too much evening time doing work.:sad:

The second one in particular merits very close attention. One of those shows that I was still thinking about the next morning.

Mentioned before, but I thought Nurse was superb too. Esther Coles and Paul Whitehouse were both magnificent in that

Why is it on Gogglebox that none of the 'Boxers have seen fairly ubiquitous films - Skyfall in on ITV2 every ****ing other day!

Now I'm a Masterchef advocate, but I have to say this series in one of the worst. Hardly any challenges apart from "cook a plate of your own food", and a few of them just do their own ethnic food. I cannot stand the bloke who just cooks Japanese food.....boring!

I know what you mean, very disappointing series.

Back