• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Only thing to complain about is the BMXs are not era correct! Where’s the PK Rippers and Haro Freestylers !?

I'll take your word for it. Arcade games no problem, but bikes...... My grumpy mo-fo of a father never let me have one. :angry:

Cracking. Loved a bit of Dig Dug, but Dragons Lair was ****...a definite money burner. £1 a time if I recall, and it lasted a couple of minutes.

Like many games of the era DigDug only allowed the user to enter a three character name into the high score table.

Therefore it would have been impossible to enter MADMAX, DUSTIN etc.

dig_dug_splash_3_high_score_saves_1.png

If more than three characters was allowed every high score table would be:

1. C**T
2. F**K
3. S**T
4. P**S

You could still make rude words up with 3.......

A*S
C*K
F*K

etc etc... But of course I never did that. :whistling:

Up to the finale of Stranger Things 2. It's better than the first season. The Duffer Bros have an uncanny knack for developing suspense.

GBBO Final, Sophie is worthy winner on this weeks bakes. Kate would have been runner up and Steve crashed with his timings and OTT final bake.
Very good series and some smashing people and bakes.

Stranger Things 2.

Episode 7 was awful and there were a scenes throughout the series that made me cringe but overall I really enjoyed it.

Stranger Things geekery on twitter:

Here are some things I noticed in the Stranger Things arcade scene: 1) All monitors are (new/******) LCD style.
2) Dig Dug doesn’t have that high score screen.
3) None of those (brand new looking) games came out in 1984, Dig Dug and Dragon’s Lair are 82, Centipede, Galaga, Pac-Man are 80.
4) The marquee is still lit when Dig Dug is out of order, which *does* indicate a board problem.
5) Dragon’s Lair was an early, expensive game. Although by 1984 there likely wasn’t a working DL Laser Disc player on earth.
6) One of the games is totally fake. A Galaxian or Galaga conversion (guess which!)

GBBO Final, Sophie is worthy winner on this weeks bakes. Kate would have been runner up and Steve crashed with his timings and OTT final bake.
Very good series and some smashing people and bakes.

Got around to watching - although knew the result. Not often they go down to the final showstopper so close - Stephen threw it away in my opinion. Sophie's final bake was beautiful. And I've enjoyed the new judges line up.

Got around to watching - although knew the result. Not often they go down to the final showstopper so close - Stephen threw it away in my opinion. Sophie's final bake was beautiful. And I've enjoyed the new judges line up.

I don't watch it but I don't like Noel Fielding.

Have to agree. It was better than the old series on the BBC.

Motherland starts on BBC2 tonight. If it is as good as the pilot promised then it'll be very good indeed.

Sharon Horgan, Graham Linehan and others write, Anna Maxwell Martin and Diane Morgan star.

Back