• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That oxygen thief Piers Morgan being used by the National Lottery for their latest advert!

Let's hope for the best. It can be quite worrying when you're between contracts.

In my case I was already in discussions with a number of different people before I left my last contract so I wasn't too worried. I kind of knew one of them would work out. As it is, I'm actually going back to the same company I was at previously, albeit in a different department.

It expires in mid September. I am currently assessing the market just in case I am not renewed......

I only really want to do it for another yer anyway. I am hoping to start a small software development company in Southend or Chelmsford in the long run.

There must be plenty like myself that are fed up with the long hours and commute and want something more flexible...

****ing Betfred. Here I am, trying to enjoy my birthday in two weeks, and they won't let my best mate take the day off for it. ****ing *******s, you're a bookies in a ****pot town in the middle of bloody nowhere and the only good sport on's the cricket. Close the betting on that, we're vonna be ****ed by the convicts, job done, everyone go home and my friend gets to enjoy a day out at the movies instead of having to sit through your bollocks all day trying not to go mental.

******s.

****ing Betfred. Here I am, trying to enjoy my birthday in two weeks, and they won't let my best mate take the day off for it. ****ing *******s, you're a bookies in a ****pot town in the middle of bloody nowhere and the only good sport on's the cricket. Close the betting on that, we're vonna be ****ed by the convicts, job done, everyone go home and my friend gets to enjoy a day out at the movies instead of having to sit through your bollocks all day trying not to go mental.

******s.
Perhaps he should have tried booking it earlier than 10 days in advance...
Some companies are like that, they require notice for holidays etc , so they can plan cover , rotas etc.

She asked last week and forgot to get back to me. Not the first time in my 18 months on the dole I reckon old ****tybag at number ten snuck a law in saying I can't enjoy myself in any way...

The office staff where I work. Thanks for waking me up asking me if I wanted to drive somebody to Luton airport and a return later in the month for £200. Thanks for letting me sign the paperwork, check with the customers that they can all fit in my car. And then thanks for giving the job to an outside driver half an hour before the job is due leaving me £200 out of pocket.

The office staff where I work. Thanks for waking me up asking me if I wanted to drive somebody to Luton airport and a return later in the month for £200. Thanks for letting me sign the paperwork, check with the customers that they can all fit in my car. And then thanks for giving the job to an outside driver half an hour before the job is due leaving me £200 out of pocket.

Why on earth did they do that?

She asked last week and forgot to get back to me. Not the first time in my 18 months on the dole I reckon old ****tybag at number ten snuck a law in saying I can't enjoy myself in any way...

Anybody else have any luck deciphering this? I've run it through my MurkyMouse and mrsblue translators but nothing legible's coming back.

Only if you wanted to join the communist party or get a job on the Guardian-however after 3 years at Uni and no job for 18 months you might need more on the CV .

Even then you would only get a job at The Guardian if you were privately educated and had been to Oxford or if your dad was the editor....

Tickets go on sale for Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl tomorrow. £71.50!!!! Unreserved standing, so for me and the misses with fees etc it's going to cost us £150 just for tickets. Incredible prices!

And the only support is Iggy Pop, if there was a few other decent supports I wouldn't mind too much. Think I will scrap that idea then.

Tickets go on sale for Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl tomorrow. £71.50!!!! Unreserved standing, so for me and the misses with fees etc it's going to cost us £150 just for tickets. Incredible prices!

And the only support is Iggy Pop, if there was a few other decent supports I wouldn't mind too much. Think I will scrap that idea then.

Same moan, I had tickets for Mrs Blue_Wes and I at Wembley. They refunded the tickets, minus the fees. So about 7/8 quid for nothing. Then a week later invited us to buy some more at at a venue that's a bitch to get in and out of, with more fees being added becuase we have to rebuy them. So we opted for Frank Turner in November, which is gutting as the Foo's really are my band.

Same moan, I had tickets for Mrs Blue_Wes and I at Wembley. They refunded the tickets, minus the fees. So about 7/8 quid for nothing. Then a week later invited us to buy some more at at a venue that's a bitch to get in and out of, with more fees being added becuase we have to rebuy them. So we opted for Frank Turner in November, which is gutting as the Foo's really are my band.

I thought people were told to hang onto the Wembley tickets as they were arranging another date?

I saw them at the MK bowl before when Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World played. I have to agree the venue is a nightmare I was actually surprised to here they were playing there as I thought it was closing.

Think I will save my money and get some overpriced tickets (already been on sale and sold out) for Def Leppard in December as I haven't seen them before.

I thought people were told to hang onto the Wembley tickets as they were arranging another date?

I saw them at the MK bowl before when Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World played. I have to agree the venue is a nightmare I was actually surprised to here they were playing there as I thought it was closing.

Think I will save my money and get some overpriced tickets (already been on sale and sold out) for Def Leppard in December as I haven't seen them before.

Save your money for something else, they are crap live.

The seat post on my mountain bike snapping as I was flying along the coast path from Leigh to Benfleet and very nearly smashing in my cat flap.

Thanks very much Cannondale.....

Back