• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Organisation at the Moonwalk, up in London. Three years ago, my husband was booked to pick some people up at the end of it. He arrived at the duly appointed time (4.30 a.m.) to find the course had been marked out wrong and walkers were actually walking 3 miles more than expected - that's on top of the absolute chaos at the place they were supposed to pick up. To compound things, that was the night we were leaving early to play Burton in the Play Offs and it was touch and go as to whether he was going to make it! My coach ended up waiting for him for half an hour at the Weir - I had lovely passengers!

Roll forward three years, no play off match to go to today fortunately, but a booking for an airport run at midday, and hubby is still not home from his 3.30 a.m. scheduled pick up, he's not been to bed yet! The organisation is really, really poor from this aspect - I'd hoped it had improved in three years but clearly not. Just as well he's not charging them waiting time.

He just got home. Again, 3 miles extra on the half moon walk which is what his fares were doing, they passed three separate markers for 11 miles! This is simply not fair on people who have trained for 13 miles.

One plus, there was, at least a tea and snack bar at the collection point for all those waiting for walkers - no toilets though, bushes only.

He just got home. Again, 3 miles extra on the half moon walk which is what his fares were doing, they passed three separate markers for 11 miles! This is simply not fair on people who have trained for 13 miles.

One plus, there was, at least a tea and snack bar at the collection point for all those waiting for walkers - no toilets though, bushes only.

That's a shambles. Can you imagine if that was a marathon!

As I said earlier, this happened three years ago too. He was picking up a group of friends that time, and they all had pedometer type apps or watches and the course was clearly 3 miles too long for both the half and full moonwalk. Plus, toilets on the route had an hour queue, which is truly shocking as you'd seize up waiting for that long! It might all be for a good cause but the organisation is a mess!

Funny enough the three times I have run London my garmin showed the distance to be over 27 miles each time. Other less popular marathons did come closer to the 26.2 but Loch Ness for example still showed at 26.5 miles and that didn't take into account the substantial up and down bits.

never have any issues with them. their chat function is also very good.

...then, my wife is in waiting for an engineer to install a smart meter, when I get through I'm told the appointment has been cancelled. Did no one think to inform me?

****wits, I'll be changing supplier tonight.

...then, my wife is in waiting for an engineer to install a smart meter, when I get through I'm told the appointment has been cancelled. Did no one think to inform me?

****wits, I'll be changing supplier tonight.

If you're going to smart meters whatever you do, DON'T go British Gas. It took them 7 months to get them fitted and working.

Pointless meetings where people talk in gibberish and you have to ask them to explain themselves and when they do you realise you don't care.

Also, recently when I put my cycling stuff away in my locker, I noticed the one next to me was unlocked and had a laptop and Iphone in it. They've got names on, so I emailed the bloke to let him know. Never got a response beyond "I'll take a look".

However this morning I saw him and I asked him if he'd sorted out his lock. All I got in response was a grunt. Next time pal, I'm going to nick them myself and do a dirty protest in your locker. :angry:

****ing weather, it's rained every single one of my 4 days off. I normally wouldn't mind but had loads to do in the garden to prep it for the summer. And I haven't been able to go out on the bike. (Fair weather rider)

****ing weather, it's rained every single one of my 4 days off. I normally wouldn't mind but had loads to do in the garden to prep it for the summer. And I haven't been able to go out on the bike. (Fair weather rider)

It's not rained THAT hard (apart from today) and the garden needs it. I tried to dig up some weeds and the ground was like concrete!

It's not rained THAT hard (apart from today) and the garden needs it. I tried to dig up some weeds and the ground was like concrete!

Today it's been horrific. It's been that rain where if you go outside for more than 30 seconds you're drenched. It's rained all day non stop!

Back