• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Idiots who still think smoke bombs are cool.

I'm sure the club loves paying out all the fines they are costing, but, yeah, you carry on being selfish and small minded and not caring about that, or the effect they have on people with conditions like asthma.

I wasn't at the Valley yesterday, but I reckon it was the same old (*young) clowns that let them off at Gillingham, and occasionally in the west stand. I'm not asthmatic myself & i'm a smoker, but still, I must admit, it does give off a strong phosphorous stench that is slightly overpowering. I feel for the people that have breathing problems & have to put up with that in their face until its either burnt out or confiscated from stewards.

Club fines aside, It always amazes me, why they don't light it in the beer gardens whilst having pre-match beers or walking towards the stadium to create an atmosphere. Yet they would prefer to light them in a crowded place among'st fellow supporters of all ages in a stadium (costing us money & it's decent reputation of being a family club), rather than risk getting banned from their preferred landlord.

Meant to be fishing the biggest match of my life today. It's a pair match and get in the top 3 and you get to fish for England in Spain next year against the rest of Europe elite. However what they don't tell you is that you have to sort out all your flights, hotels and fishing costs yourself if you qualify. This works out to around £1500.

Club fines aside, It always amazes me, why they don't light it in the beer gardens whilst having pre-match beers or walking towards the stadium to create an atmosphere. Yet they would prefer to light them in a crowded place among'st fellow supporters of all ages in a stadium (costing us money & it's decent reputation of being a family club), rather than risk getting banned from their preferred landlord.

There was a phone video circulating yesterday on Twitter of a section of our supporters on a boat going under Tower Bridge with a blue smoke bomb lit and held high. I rather suspect the police will be all over it scrutinising and trying to identify those involved. I'm not quite sure what they were doing on a boat that far up, but it did appear to be yesterday.

Meant to be fishing the biggest match of my life today. It's a pair match and get in the top 3 and you get to fish for England in Spain next year against the rest of Europe elite. However what they don't tell you is that you have to sort out all your flights, hotels and fishing costs yourself if you qualify. This works out to around £1500.

No offence.... But Haven't you left it a bit late?... I say go for it! may turn out to be the best £1,500 you've ever spent.

There was a phone video circulating yesterday on Twitter of a section of our supporters on a boat going under Tower Bridge with a blue smoke bomb lit and held high. I rather suspect the police will be all over it scrutinising and trying to identify those involved. I'm not quite sure what they were doing on a boat that far up, but it did appear to be yesterday.

I saw it on facebook & instagram too. Filmed from HMS Belfast.

Those on the boat may have not been the same clowns in the ground though.

Cheers, never had any doubts about getting there, just a couple on planned trips out to both East & West coast, subject to damage caused.
Been there many times, main difference between there & here, is that they have more Highways guys than we do, and get things sorted much quicker than we do.

Didn't fish it in the end, and there is no way I'm asking for donations so I can spend a week in Spain fishing.

Didn't fish it in the end, and there is no way I'm asking for donations so I can spend a week in Spain fishing.

I'll happily put my hand up to fill the breach - though they'll be less fishing (ie, none at all) and more lazing around drinking Sangria. Donations to MK Shrimper......

Back