• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We would't be allowed to be a member of the EU if we did.Wait a minute....:winking:

Civilised countries don't have the death penalty.

If executing evil scumbags like Venebles makes us uncivilised, then I'm happy to be classed as uncivilised.

More interestingly, on the flip side of that, what do we class those people, who WOULDN'T want a child killer & paedophile executed? Hmmmm

To be fair, as he's not likely to end up being king, I suspect you're right. The bank holiday we got for William and Kate was, I assume, mostly down to him being second in line to the throne.

I was second in line to the throne this morning. I had to go upstairs.

If executing evil scumbags like Venebles makes us uncivilised, then I'm happy to be classed as uncivilised.

More interestingly, on the flip side of that, what do we class those people, who WOULDN'T want a child killer & paedophile executed? Hmmmm

If any country in the world executed an 11 year old boy I imagine there would be international condemnation.

Failing to rehabilitate and then subsequently executing for a later crime which does not carry a life sentence would be debateable also .

If any country in the world executed an 11 year old boy I imagine there would be international condemnation.

Failing to rehabilitate and then subsequently executing for a later crime which does not carry a life sentence would be debateable also .

Apart from the obvious debate (as you mention) around executing an 11 year old boy I think we're missing a wider issue. By all accounts Robert Thompson is making a good fist of it. Should he have been executed at 11?

Don't twist it. I never said execute an 11-year-old boy. I said execute a 35-year-old former child killer, who has gone on to commit more sickening crimes which involve the exploitation & abuse of children.

The only debateable bit is what to do with him. He won't reform. He won't positively contribute to society & will forever be a danger to the general public. Instead of trying to beg this degenerate evil to act like us, normal citizens, we should be treating him with the same contempt & disregard he has shown his victims over the years.

There's really only two options I can see. 1) for a third time, try to rehabilitate him, continue to give him new identities, all at a high cost whilst hoping he doesn't do anything bad again... Or 2) execution

I believe he's had his fair share of chances. **** him.

By all accounts Robert Thompson is making a good fist of it. Should he have been executed at 11?

What punishment would you have been satisfied with, had it been your 2-year-old brutally tortured for a prolonged period of time, & eventually murdered?

What punishment would you have been satisfied with, had it been your 2-year-old brutally tortured for a prolonged period of time, & eventually murdered?

There are several countries that allow victims families set the degree of punishment meted out. I doubt many of us would like to live in them.

GBJ;2012584If executing evil scumbags like [B said:
Venebles[/B] makes us uncivilised, then I'm happy to be classed as uncivilised.

What and join the ranks of countries like Saudi Arabia and the USA? :nope:

Liberals? :unsure:

There are several countries that allow victims families set the degree of punishment meted out. I doubt many of us would like to live in them.

Possibly true. Although It doesn't change the fact, that LB posed a question, in which the answer would be fairly unanimous. Most parents would have wanted their 2-year-old son's killer, dead.

It's besides the point whether that's immoral or not.

Don't twist it. I never said execute an 11-year-old boy. I said execute a 35-year-old former child killer, who has gone on to commit more sickening crimes which involve the exploitation & abuse of children.

The only debateable bit is what to do with him. He won't reform. He won't positively contribute to society & will forever be a danger to the general public. Instead of trying to beg this degenerate evil to act like us, normal citizens, we should be treating him with the same contempt & disregard he has shown his victims over the years.

There's really only two options I can see. 1) for a third time, try to rehabilitate him, continue to give him new identities, all at a high cost whilst hoping he doesn't do anything bad again... Or 2) execution

I believe he's had his fair share of chances. **** him.

3) Put him back in prison.

Life, which is what he got, with a chance that an 11 year old would change. What about you?

Possibly true. Although It doesn't change the fact, that LB posed a question, in which the answer would be fairly unanimous. Most parents would have wanted their 2-year-old son's killer, dead.

It's besides the point whether that's immoral or not.

In your opinion. I wonder what a genuine poll would produce (and I don't mean a poll on here, I mean a properly audited poll).

As I've already answered. I would be happy that an 11 year old would change. As it happens one out of the 2 of them has. Personally I would rather we had a 100% success rate, but in the absence of that, I would rather a 50% success rate than 2 dead 11 year olds.

3) Put him back in prison.

That's option 1? Rehabilitation

Life, which is what he got, with a chance that an 11 year old would change. What about you?

An equivocally violent & slow death. I'd show him the same courtesy, humility & rights, he afforded my defenceless 2-year-old.

In your opinion. I wonder what a genuine poll would produce (and I don't mean a poll on here, I mean a properly audited poll).

As I've already answered. I would be happy that an 11 year old would change. As it happens one out of the 2 of them has. Personally I would rather we had a 100% success rate, but in the absence of that, I would rather a 50% success rate than 2 dead 11 year olds.

I agree, I'd like to see a properly audited poll aswell. I believe my feelings would be shared by a greater number of participants, than yours.

Although we've digressed from the origional point. I wasn't saying execute an 11-year-old, I was saying execute a 35-year-old, paedophile, child-killer, who won't reform, will continue to be a drain on society, and will forever be a danger to society.

They may have only been 11 at the time but to be cunning enough to abduct a 2 year old..... beat, torture, stuff batteries up his anus, then mutilate his genitals and still be 'cool' enough to lay him on a railway track in an attempt to cover up their crime.

Well only a fool would expect those two to be safe in our society. Back to prison for life without parole thank you very much.

Our youngest is moving in with us for a month after quitting her flat in Westcliff and before setting up home with her partner in Birmingham. We're really pleased for her, but Birmingham ffs?.....and Mrs RHB is going to be seriously moody over the last baby leaving the area.

Our youngest is moving in with us for a month after quitting her flat in Westcliff and before setting up home with her partner in Birmingham. We're really pleased for her, but Birmingham ffs?.....and Mrs RHB is going to be seriously moody over the last baby leaving the area.

Itr's not that bad at all RBH.I spent 3 very enjoyable years there as an undergraduate.Must confess I haven't been back there too much since.:winking:

Back