• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The same old stuff. Driving past Victory Sports ground and stopped at the lights ; there were a bunch of dogs and two women talking, a dog has a pooh in a goal mouth AND did they clear it up? Not a back glance at it! Grrr.

Hey Chaps,

I was having a fairly good day until I read this.
I am sickened to my stomach. Annoyed to the point that I might start bleeding from my eyeballs. I have lost faith in all humanity. There is no hope.

IT'S SPELT "POO" NOT "POOH".

Hey Chaps,

I was having a fairly good day until I read this.
I am sickened to my stomach. Annoyed to the point that I might start bleeding from my eyeballs. I have lost faith in all humanity. There is no hope.

IT'S SPELT "POO" NOT "POOH".

Not if you're a bear it's not.:smiles:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5440683/presidents-club-hostesses-awkward-jimmy-carr/

The Scum has been flogging this relentlessly about goings on at the Presidents club.

It comes across as the sort of place that belongs in the 70's, however no-one forced these women to be 'scantily clad hostessess' at this celebrity studded event so they are hardly being exploited.

One poor woman appears to have been so traumatised by the whole thing that she was compelled to be a waitress at the event for the past 3 years..:finger2:

I really should know better. 4 matches in 9 days and more to the point 3 in 5. Result, torn hamstring. Fortunately only mild but painful enough. I know what a serious tear is and thankfully not this time. Moving on Friday is going to be interesting now!

The same old stuff. Driving past Victory Sports ground and stopped at the lights ; there were a bunch of dogs and two women talking, a dog has a pooh in a goal mouth AND did they clear it up? Not a back glance at it! Grrr.

Courtesy of Your Southend web site.

DUj66JVW4AAOEhb.jpg

I really should know better. 4 matches in 9 days and more to the point 3 in 5. Result, torn hamstring. Fortunately only mild but painful enough. I know what a serious tear is and thankfully not this time. Moving on Friday is going to be interesting now!

Listen to your body.

It's time to give up darts.

People in my office.

The first Friday in the month has been designated as 'pizza Friday' and the firm are laying on free pizza for everyone in one of the big meeting rooms. Fair play, that's a good gesture.

It was announced as 'arriving from 1230' so a load of people have downed tools and been sat in that meeting room desperately waiting for their free grub. No dignity.

People in my office.

The first Friday in the month has been designated as 'pizza Friday' and the firm are laying on free pizza for everyone in one of the big meeting rooms. Fair play, that's a good gesture.

It was announced as 'arriving from 1230' so a load of people have downed tools and been sat in that meeting room desperately waiting for their free grub. No dignity.

You missed out?

People in my office.

You'll be the one complaing when three medium pizzas arrive and you don't get any.

You'll be the one complaing when three medium pizzas arrive and you don't get any.

A lot of people here act like they've never been fed when freebies come around. Best way to get someone from the dev team to take off his headphones and actually leave his desk is send an all staff email saying "doughnuts available in the kitchen". They'll move faster than a scalded cat.

They don't really believe in spending much money on clothes either.Not when there is a 'summer party 2013' t-shirt that still fits.

Hey Chaps!

I've just been for a slash and got the 'split stream' phenomenon. The stream on the left just missed the bowl and went straight over my stash of hooch, the stream on the right managed to invent a previously undiscovered angle and pummel my right knee.
I stood there, incredulous, that even after 20 - 25 seconds of full on horse-level wazzing the situation hadn't resolved itself.
My right leg, sock and slipper were soaked and my moonshine was standing in a pool of yellow piddle, until I soaked most of it up with my shirt.
Now I'm eating supper with wet keks and a cold wet shirt. Not ideal.

Hey Chaps!

I've just been for a slash and got the 'split stream' phenomenon. The stream on the left just missed the bowl and went straight over my stash of hooch, the stream on the right managed to invent a previously undiscovered angle and pummel my right knee.
I stood there, incredulous, that even after 20 - 25 seconds of full on horse-level wazzing the situation hadn't resolved itself.
My right leg, sock and slipper were soaked and my moonshine was standing in a pool of yellow piddle, until I soaked most of it up with my shirt.
Now I'm eating supper with wet keks and a cold wet shirt. Not ideal.

Next time use a She-Wee.

Pot holes. Bloody pot holes. Get a touch of cold weather and they just come out of the ground...... er, hang on....:nope:

Pot holes. Bloody pot holes. Get a touch of cold weather and they just come out of the ground...... er, hang on....:nope:

The village I live in has its own Faceache page. Someone made a really good observation regarding pot holes, and posted it on there. (Thrilling, I know.) He posted pictures of two potholes, one in the road that had been repaired by the council, and one in a private car park that had been repaired by the land owners.

The one repaired by the council is just a load of uneven tarmac that looks like it's been stamped down until it is vaguely flat and left at that. The car one has been square cut, flattened properly and has then had black sealant added to the joins. The sealant will mean that water won't find it's way back in next winter (or even later this week) and will therefore last a lot longer.

Either the council repairs are done on the cheap, or no-one is following up and inspecting the quality of the repair. It's no surprise that potholes appear in the same places year after year.

Back