• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've got the startings of a cold which has given me raging neuralgia and the total ****ing hump.

was out for a leaving do last night in manchester. fell asleep on the train home and ended up in the lake district.

That takes some doing :stunned:
I remember getting close to Wigan and thinking it was time for me to get off the train.

I then remember waking up and thinking oh no I've just missed my stop. Looked out of the window and it wasn't Wigan North Western I was pulling away from, but Lancaster!

Jumped off at the next stop which was Carnforth, a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. No taxis or hotels. Woke the missus and she drove an hour in the car with the kids in the back to come and get me. I was freezing my arse off on the platform at 1am with nowhere else to go. With the benefit of hindsight I should have stayed on the train to Barrow-in-Furness where I would have found a travelodge or somewhere.

Safe to say I'm not very popular and got a lot of making up to do.

I remember getting close to Wigan and thinking it was time for me to get off the train.

I then remember waking up and thinking oh no I've just missed my stop. Looked out of the window and it wasn't Wigan North Western I was pulling away from, but Lancaster!

Jumped off at the next stop which was Carnforth, a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. No taxis or hotels. Woke the missus and she drove an hour in the car with the kids in the back to come and get me. I was freezing my arse off on the platform at 1am with nowhere else to go. With the benefit of hindsight I should have stayed on the train to Barrow-in-Furness where I would have found a travelodge or somewhere.

Safe to say I'm not very popular and got a lot of making up to do.

That's bloody classic.....

Booked into an F1 hotel in France and on arrival discovered there is no ensuite.

At £3 for breakfast I imagine there will only be one sheet of bacon, one sausage, one disc of black pudding and possibly non heinz beans.

Still £60 for two rooms is pretty good.

Tight-arsed multi-national conglomerates who do one version of an advert then just dub it badly for each of their markets.

Nintendo, with their latest Switch advert, are a recent culprit.

Booked into an F1 hotel in France and on arrival discovered there is no ensuite.

At £3 for breakfast I imagine there will only be one sheet of bacon, one sausage, one disc of black pudding and possibly non heinz beans.

Still £60 for two rooms is pretty good.

F! is pretty basic but they'll do you coffee and a croissant.Maybe orange juice if you're lucky.:smile:

Tight-arsed multi-national conglomerates who do one version of an advert then just dub it badly for each of their markets.

Nintendo, with their latest Switch advert, are a recent culprit.

I'll take a badly dubbed advert from Nintendo if it means we don't have to see Jamie and a confused looking Harry Redknapp waving Wii controllers around again.

[video=youtube_share;Mftku6Eta-I]https://youtu.be/Mftku6Eta-I[/video]

The usually efficient HK has let me down. Supposed to be a new washing machine delivered at 5pm. At 630pm I discover they now say 9pm. I've therefore missed playing football followed by watching the N London Derby, though I can do that from my new house.

Was going to go to the game today but the Mrs's sister is up from Cornwall for a few days so see her sick dad....So I have to do my duties, as it should be. There will always be more games.

Gutted though not to be there.

Back