• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The whole snow all over social media gets on my tits. It used to annoy me people just saying it’s snowing, now you have those people and people moaning about those people who post! Here’s an idea it’s snowing outside say **** ALL!!

They certainly are more important things we could be leading the news with. Like how it really isn't very cold in the Arctic at the moment... https://www.livescience.com/61864-arctic-temperatures-record-high.html

People saying "snow, what snow, there's no snow here, this country is a disgrace" just because it isn't snowing where they are. Plenty of significant snowfall elsewhere, so perhaps folk should be a little less insular.
Greater anglia are/have cancelled hundreds of trains. On the line into Southend Victoria there is not any significant snow at any point on the entire line , so yes , snow what snow greater anglia?

Ps C2C have realised they got it wrong and are reinstating trains. It’s not like the lines are a long by way from each other. I’ve heard of micro climate but that’s ridiculous

Some local bus services also cancelled, meant my son had to go to a local branch rather than Leigh - quite ridiculous really that the buses couldn't run in what we had here.

Also, the total idiots who still think it's fun to drive around with several inches of snow on top of their car roof and bonnet - it takes a couple of minutes to clear it so it's safer for everyone!

Greater anglia are/have cancelled hundreds of trains. On the line into Southend Victoria there is not any significant snow at any point on the entire line , so yes , snow what snow greater anglia?

Ps C2C have realised they got it wrong and are reinstating trains. It’s not like the lines are a long by way from each other. I’ve heard of micro climate but that’s ridiculous

Plus greater Anglia deserve any abuse they get

The computer system at work packed up this morning, so nobody could ring up for a taxi, hence no jobs and no wages for us lot.

Panic buying in Tesco at South Ockendon. I went in for a coffee and nearly got knocked flying by some twonk grabbing all the bread. A neatly placed rigger boot paid dividends as he tripped arse over head and dropped the lot so it wasn't all bad.

Bet on a 'converted' penalty in the spurs rochdale game. Only 3/1 . Hacked off because I kissed the betting slip in the pub after Song put it away . I hate VAR��.

The wife struggled to get the kids to school this morning then gets a text 30 minutes later saying pick them up again ASAP. What's the point of opening up for half hour, someone please tell me.

The older generation saying ‘in my day the schools never closed for snow and ice’

Anyway I clearly remember in the 30s struggling up the hill to Westleigh Junior School despite inches of snow on the ground. in my day the schools never closed for snow and ice.

The older generation saying ‘in my day the schools never closed for snow and ice’

Anyway I clearly remember in the 30s struggling up the hill to Westleigh Junior School despite inches of snow on the ground. in my day the schools never closed for snow and ice.

You were about 10 then Tone? :dim:

I don't remember the schools shutting in the bad winter in the early 60s , I remember all the wellington boots lined up out side the class with cloth pegs on .:smile: .

I don't remember the schools shutting in the bad winter in the early 60s , I remember all the wellington boots lined up out side the class with cloth pegs on .:smile: .

Fast forward to mid 60's & early 70's, when i'm sure we had more deeper snow every Winter than we do now. I cant recall either Leigh North St or Belfairs ever closing because of it.
And we all used to walk to School, come rain or snow. I remember at Belfairs they'd let everyone onto the football/Rugby pitch's at break time, for a massive snowball fight.
In these ridiculous days of H & S etc, probably not even allowed to throw a snowball now?.
No double glazing, windows froze up on the inside, heating barely noticeable. That's what made our generation the warriors we became & still are!.

Boiler has packed up and now we have a power cut.

Thought the power was due back on at 6? Presuming our office on the High Road is also going to be affected.

I'm so fed up with this weather now, it can absolutely do one!

Somebody should have warned us that snow was on the way. It has caught us all out as we were unprepared. I thought the Beast From The East was a reference to my wife.

I am right peed.
Doing our neigbourly bit my husband brought home with him 2 bags of salt for the road and pathway and we have been outside since 8.30 this morning clearing the snow away and put down the salt on the road and pathway. As we live in a quiet cul-de-sac it is not a road that gets much traffic so therefore the snow is now well and truly bedded down.
After we had been out for the hour and shovelled, swept etc some of the snow was melting and the road was a lot more passable. Great! Until the p**t of someone living in the street decided to come out and clear his drive and put all the snow back in the middle of the road. Some people just are just at the back of the queue when it comes to brains!

I am right peed.
Doing our neigbourly bit my husband brought home with him 2 bags of salt for the road and pathway and we have been outside since 8.30 this morning clearing the snow away and put down the salt on the road and pathway. As we live in a quiet cul-de-sac it is not a road that gets much traffic so therefore the snow is now well and truly bedded down.
After we had been out for the hour and shovelled, swept etc some of the snow was melting and the road was a lot more passable. Great! Until the p**t of someone living in the street decided to come out and clear his drive and put all the snow back in the middle of the road. Some people just are just at the back of the queue when it comes to brains!

I think a lot of people are just so inconsiderate, self absorbed & selfish they don't care how their behaviour & actions affect others so long as they are doing what they want.
This idiot sounds like one of those to me.

2 things today.
1) Took me 3 attempts to do the predication league and there is only 2 games being played at the moment.

2) The Mrs phoned her mum to see if she needed any shopping. Her mum had declined any help from her neighbours but instead of the essentials, bread and milk, it’s rice cakes, red grapes, sugar free Worthers originals and so on.

Back