• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were you insured Paul ? either standalone of on your Household policy ?
Although some policies do have stipulations regarding Thatcham approval on the locks.

No to both.Checked the policy and it's only when the bike is on my property.

I wasn't allowed mate. You'd think if it was an easy nick, they'd do it as it'd improve their crime figures.

Crime figures for a theft of pedal cycle are way off the radar, no one is interested.
I would be surprised if a busy, municiple swimming pool activity centre where children go would have such poor CCTV with the obvious H & S , protection of staff/public issues. I would ask to see the centre manager about that and the local councillor. I'd also ask the police person who said they viewed the tape for their name, the reason why you can't view it, the supervisor who sanctions that and from there the complaints procedure if they won't explain etc.

I think it will be down to the data protection act, in some weird way. ie, in your case innocent normal people being recorded and shown to others.

In my personal experience, when guests had their items stolen (or worse...ie a victim in a fight etc) from my hotel, the victims weren't permitted to view the CCTV footage as it was a reported crime & could end up in a court of law with someone having an advantage of the view of events. A hotel lobby is considered a public place on private property, & in our dealings with the police we always had a long winded strict policy of legal forms when burning the CCTV footage onto DVD's in order to hand it over to the police.

Although your bike was stolen outside, if it was still technically on their private property, I can see legal issues from a police perspective, if just for example, you recognized the person that stole it, and then you took matters into your own hands, went onto his property and (rightfully..kicked the **** out of him).

The very best of luck though.

Been advised by 'er indoors to let it go. She's probably right, so let's hope Mr. Bike Thief meets Mr. Articulated Lorry in the very near future.

Been advised by 'er indoors to let it go. She's probably right, so let's hope Mr. Bike Thief meets Mr. Articulated Lorry in the very near future.
Keep you eyes open on Gumtree and Ebay

If you see what you think is it , then advise the police and go round there and check the serial no and if its yours Phone them again from there .
Whether you actually take the bike there and then is a matter of personal choice ......

Crime figures for a theft of pedal cycle are way off the radar, no one is interested.
I would be surprised if a busy, municiple swimming pool activity centre where children go would have such poor CCTV with the obvious H & S , protection of staff/public issues. I would ask to see the centre manager about that and the local councillor. I'd also ask the police person who said they viewed the tape for their name, the reason why you can't view it, the supervisor who sanctions that and from there the complaints procedure if they won't explain etc.

When Herman had his van broken into in the Virgin gym car park and £5,000 worth of tools and equipment stolen. He asked to view the CCTV as plod were stalling and they refused under data protection. The van next to him was also broken into by a team of 4 using angle grinders.

I was away when my van was wrote off whilst parked. Plod told her Ladyship they would drop report round the next day so she took no details. When I chased them up they refused under data protection....Real meaning we want a fee from your insurance company for the report. Insurance company wouldn't pay out for months as the claim was unsettled and I had borrow to buy a new vehicle.

At least 15 phone calls and complaints to Essex police, including them denying they attended a 5 car smash with injuries and ambulances on a main road.

On a brighter note half way through I did get a nice letter with all the at fault drivers details telling me he had already attended a driver awareness course so at least plod got their money quickly. The WPC who listed a full transit van load of Hermans air conditioning equipment for several pages looked up and said "Do you think they were on foot or had a vehicle"

For some reason he guessed that one might not be solved.

Exactly what I said.

It's stupid really, I seem to have a vague recollection that a stock broker was either dodging off work or having an affair etc, and was caught on CCTV by the police (he was innocent but had to pass by), and he sued the police because he either lost his job or it cost him an expensive divorce. It cost the metropolitan police a fortune in court (which he won). And the rule was changed ever since.

I think it's odd though in this day and world, where we can have those cctv cameras on motorbike & car dashcams, or doorbell ringers etc, in order to solve crime and reduce fraudulent insurance claims.

Not the criminal but anyone else (innocent) passing by.

Grey fuzzy blobs? It is your bike and Mrs MK has spoken. It smells wrong to me and I think I might follow up the swimming pool side of it and see if "grey fuzzy" is how it is accepted to be by them and the council. If it isn't then back to plod as an angry man, if it is then the council have a duty.

LOL

The southend council have just been signed in for another couple of years. You've got more luck getting blood out of a stone.!!

The decent thing is to at least applaud your own team unless you happen to be Manchester United fans. A mass exudus the second the final whistle was blown. What a bunch of ******s.

The decent thing is to at least applaud your own team unless you happen to be Manchester United fans. A mass exudus the second the final whistle was blown. What a bunch of ******s.

How many of them are actually genuine fans? I bet the majority are just day trippers.

I guess they have a long trip back to Manchester Surrey.

Agree but unless you get out of there within a few mins of the final whistle, it can take 3/4 hr to actually get onto Wembley Park station.
Because of the train timetables, most fans from Manchester ( minority ) travel via coach's. Majority need to get back to main line London stations to get their train to literally most Counties in England.
Must say that when cameras showed pics of fans, Chelsea fans looked more like football fans in their colours, than Man Utd ones.

Back