• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So some on the Palestinian march in London have introduced Swastikas. The Met police refused to do anything, as apparently it needs to be taken in context. WTF. So anyone showing a Union Jack or Cross of St.George near the Palestinian marches are ordered to take it down or face arrest as it causes alarm and distress to some of the marchers. But Swastikas are fine. How can they not be causing harm and distress to all Jewish people, and any others that lost loved ones fighting the Nazis? Why do you think they have introduced Swastikas to the march....to cause alarm and distress.
Obviously these public order acts only apply to whoever the police want it to.

Public Order Act 1986, Section 4A​

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.​

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(b)that his conduct was reasonable.

(4)F2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.
FYI,Though I'm no lawyer I can tell you that your much-vaunted original public order act dates from 1936 when it was brought in to curb Molesley's blackshirts (BUF) from marching in London.Reason I know is that I was charged,arrested and later convicted under this act after our first cup game against Derby in 1975.

BTW the "some" you're talking about here would appear to be the 2 people I mentioned that the Police want the public to help identify following last Sat's demo.Not that I'm condoning their actions in any way.

Last edited:
The traffic lights on the London road heading Into Southend at the north of Chalkwell park not being synched.

Absolute bastards pulled out of buying my late mother-in-law's retirement flat yesterday almost at point of exchange. Asked for a £2k reduction because of a meeting last month where there was discussion about the sinking fund needing to be increased so that carpets and decor could be replaced in the next few years. Family said no, they'd already had a reduction on price and were being left a load of furniture they'd asked for without charge. So they pulled out. The lady is 92, for goodness sake, and her sister already lives in the same block (which is where they got the information from), she'd have been happy for her remaining years with a nice, little social group and able to see her sister every day for a cup of tea. Turns out they are "moving her in with family" despite the fact none of them want her. Oh, and her son is a multi millionaire which is what makes it particularly galling.

Got back from Slash last night parked at Epping station, it was dark. Noticed this morning someone has smacked the front of my car and done some damage to my headlight! It’s an LED light and has caused some damage!

You would not have done this without knowing you’d hit my car! No details left what so ever! Why are some people such ****s!

The traffic lights on the London road heading Into Southend at the north of Chalkwell park not being synched.
We’ve had a 4-way traffic light system down Ashingdon Road since February with the road works continuing on into July. All to cater for the ruddy great over-priced rabbit-hutch estate being built by Bloors which nobody wants.

Mrs RHB has caught whatever my sister had when she came to us for dinner last Sunday. It's fair to say that Mrs RHB has now morphed into a extremely grumpy version of herself who should only be approached with extreme caution at the moment. I told her she better be fit for the Rochdale game...that went down well!

The cycle path is dangerous when its busy, people getting out of cars dont even know its there if they are visiting the city .. . It's really for kids and families poodling along.
People out for a proper ride can easily do 20 mph plus with a following wind on the road and there are plenty of places to let cars pass. the 3 abreast thing just marks you out as a selfish wa.ker

Used the M25N (which I rarely do) on my way back from the west country Sunday afternoon & it genuinely put the fear of God in me, some peoples driving is horrendous nowadays.

Driving 3 feet off someones bumper, undertaking & veering from the feeder/slip lane right across to the fast lane seems standard practice now.
I saw one guy put on his brakes then reverse back down the chevrons on the slip road because he’d obviously taken the wrong junction!

I just don’t understand why people would risk theirs & others lives just to get their destination a little quicker. Madness..

Used the M25N (which I rarely do) on my way back from the west country Sunday afternoon & it genuinely put the fear of God in me, some peoples driving is horrendous nowadays.

Driving 3 feet off someones bumper, undertaking & veering from the feeder/slip lane right across to the fast lane seems standard practice now.
I saw one guy put on his brakes then reverse back down the chevrons on the slip road because he’d obviously taken the wrong junction!

I just don’t understand why people would risk theirs & others lives just to get their destination a little quicker. Madness..
Is it me, or have driving standards got progressively worse since lockdown? The 'guess where I'm going next' issue at roundabouts is driving me crazy currently.

I went on a diver's awareness course a few years ago. The guy taking the course asked us to list our motorway driving pet hates. One guy said undertaking. The guy taking the course suggested that the way to stop undertaking is to move over to the left hand lane.

The Highway Code:

Rule 138​

On a dual carriageway with three or more lanes, you may use the middle lanes or the right-hand lane to overtake but you should return to the middle lanes and then the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.

Last edited:
Skipped going to Diggerland in Devon yesterday due to wind and rain so decided to take the kids to the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth (documentary on the BBC is quite good)

Was watching the Atlantic Ocean tank (contains the sharks, rays and turtle amongst other fish) and saw a green light sending all the fish mental trying to avoid it.

Turns out some **** next to me was using a laser light along with his son to point it at the fish to get a reaction.

I went straight up to them (father first) and gave him both barrells about how ****ing stupid they were asking if tgey eould like it if i tried to point a laser light into their eyes. From their accents must have been from Eastern Europe from their stumbled mutterings of sorry sorry.

I went on a diver's awareness course a few years ago. The guy taking the course asked us to list our motorway driving pet hates. One guy said undertaking. The guy taking the course suggested that the way to stop undertaking is to move over to the left hand lane.

The Highway Code:

Rule 138​

On a dual carriageway with three or more lanes, you may use the middle lanes or the right-hand lane to overtake but you should return to the middle lanes and then the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.
One of the biggest issues currently is the flat out refusal of many drivers to get over into the left lane.

I regularly drive the A130 into work and it's astonishing how many people will sit in the middle lane or even the right lane at 55-60mph on a 70 road. Frankly dangerous driving and they should get a pull from the police.

In that case, I will often undertake them because it's less risky than cutting across to the right hand lane and coming all the way back over to the left again.

One of the biggest issues currently is the flat out refusal of many drivers to get over into the left lane.

I regularly drive the A130 into work and it's astonishing how many people will sit in the middle lane or even the right lane at 55-60mph on a 70 road. Frankly dangerous driving and they should get a pull from the police.

In that case, I will often undertake them because it's less risky than cutting across to the right hand lane and coming all the way back over to the left again.
I've even seen drivers sit in the 3rd lane of a 4 lane motorway. Are they really expecting people to move over 3 lanes and back again to overtake them?

Morrison's in Hadleigh's turn today for all their cashier operated tills to go down, due to a technical glitch!.
Chaos reigns as everyone having to use the self service ones, with either baskets or trolleys.
Problems galore for many people, as scanners not recognising many bar codes!.
Happy days!.

Back