• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

On a Eurostar back from Brussels. Looking forward to flying back to HK on Saturday but BREXIT has been fun for me, particularly today in Belgium, until they mentioned the football. I've also really enjoyed the sun going down after 930. It's hard to understand I guess but even in the summer the sun goes down shortly after 7 so daylight hours are from 545 to maybe 730. I miss a long English hot summers day.

I've also really enjoyed the sun going down after 930. It's hard to understand I guess but even in the summer the sun goes down shortly after 7 so daylight hours are from 545 to maybe 730. I miss a long English hot summers day.

Completely get this.

English summer evenings are epic (except when it's grey and dreary like today).

The flipside is that your winters aren't so bad.

And the one I struggled to get my head round was places like Singapore where there's basically no dusk

Completely get this.

English summer evenings are epic (except when it's grey and dreary like today).

The flipside is that your winters aren't so bad.

And the one I struggled to get my head round was places like Singapore where there's basically no dusk

That's very true. In winter daylight is from around 7am to 6pm but trust me in HK it can get cold around Chinese New Year. This year for example coldest day for 60 years at 3C. Usually for a week we may see 8-12 degrees and it is actually warmer outside than indoors. Our housing is built for the other 11-1/2 months. At least we have seasons in HK unlike Singapore. 24/7 365 days hot and humid. That doesn't bother me. I love being on my balcony this time of year. Typically 30C blast furnace at 2am.

There is still NOTHING like an English summer so when the decent weather comes I envy you all. Next summer I'll be back to N Devon and Cornwall after what will then be 3 years.

On a Eurostar back from Brussels. Looking forward to flying back to HK on Saturday but BREXIT has been fun for me, particularly today in Belgium, until they mentioned the football. I've also really enjoyed the sun going down after 930. It's hard to understand I guess but even in the summer the sun goes down shortly after 7 so daylight hours are from 545 to maybe 730. I miss a long English hot summers day.

So do I...

Given the weather forecast for yesterday, I'd feared that the ODI between England and Sri Lanka at The Oval would be a washout.

As it was, we got 42 overs a side and saw Jason Roy hit a massive 162 in an England win. Great day (if a little chilly)

Given the weather forecast for yesterday, I'd feared that the ODI between England and Sri Lanka at The Oval would be a washout.

As it was, we got 42 overs a side and saw Jason Roy hit a massive 162 in an England win. Great day (if a little chilly)

I watched some of it when I got home from work. I saw what we were chasing, saw the number of overs we had in total (42) and thought, "no chance". Then I saw we were 158-1 and had used less then half the overs and realised we had it in the bag.

Amazing.

I watched some of it when I got home from work. I saw what we were chasing, saw the number of overs we had in total (42) and thought, "no chance". Then I saw we were 158-1 and had used less then half the overs and realised we had it in the bag.

Amazing.

Both sides scoring 300+ in a 42 over game. Almost inconceivable ten years ago.

Curious, given the way the game has changed, that England's highest individual score in an ODI is still from 1993 though! Sure that'll be surpassed soon enough...

Seat swap done and I am very happy to have the seat I have coveted for many seasons.:smile:
Also moved Paddington Blue into my old seat so now he can have Vinny the Shrimper shouting into his ears from behind!
The downside is that Welsh Peter hasn't renewed his season ticket this year.:sad:

Good service in the ticket office again.

Back