• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Cheers guys, when we think back to how ill he was with sepsis in November, it's such a huge relief to have him looking so well!

My brother died of that 3 years ago, aged 54. Went to Dr's on the Tues, they didn't know what he had, suggested Paracetamol!. 3 days later he had heart failure.
Took Coroner 4 months to identify Sepsis as what caused his death. So little is known about this disease, and the symtoms. Thank God your Grandson was diagnosed in time.

My brother died of that 3 years ago, aged 54. Went to Dr's on the Tues, they didn't know what he had, suggested Paracetamol!. 3 days later he had heart failure.
Took Coroner 4 months to identify Sepsis as what caused his death. So little is known about this disease, and the symtoms. Thank God your Grandson was diagnosed in time.

Yes, I'm sorry about your brother, my step-daughter doesn't normally get on with her doctor, we'd seen them at lunch time and he'd been ok but a bit more sleepy than normal. She made an urgent appointment in the early evening because he wasn't interested in feeding and was steel sleepy and just felt "something wasn't right". Doctor sent her straight up the hospital as he had a real feverish temperature too and was so little. Spent the night doing tests having IV antis and being monitored hourly and fed through a tube. We saw him the next day and he was much improved, smiling and gurgling much more normally but it was 48 hours for the results as the cultures have to be grown. It was definitely the quick action of the doctor and Southend hospital that saved him, and they really couldn't have been better with him either.

My dad's 80th...
attachment.php

Attachments

• dad's 80th.jpg
    dad's 80th.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Dads cake.jpg
    Dads cake.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
That looks great and so did the cake. Did he have a good birthday?

Moving to Norfolk in May and now I will have an office and a computer. More time for SZ :winking:

New base or just moving generally?

New base, tried to stay but there wasn't a slot for me. It was either take Marham on promotion or turn it down and stay at Brize which would mean posting anyway as i'm due in July anyway.

New base, tried to stay but there wasn't a slot for me. It was either take Marham on promotion or turn it down and stay at Brize which would mean posting anyway as i'm due in July anyway.

Hadn't realised how far up Marham is, right up in the sticks!

Back