• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wouldn't mind if John White never played for this football club ever again.

Feel the same. Decent enough L2 full back but not overly sold on him. Think we could do better.

Would like to see Prosser go too. Poor footballer and causes panic in the defence. No coincidence that the two late runs we have had over the last two seasons have been because Prosser got injured.

Weston and maybe Hurst (fitness not ability) have questions marks over them. Would move on Clifford and Barnard and dont want any of the loaness again personally.

I don't agree that League One is much stronger than League Two. Let's not forget that the last two times we've gone up from the fourth tier we have gone up again the next year and the key both times was building on a successful squad. We have gone up this year because of the spirit and character in the squad so I'm unsure why you'd throw that away.

He was nowhere to be seen afterwards when Wycombe scored the free kick, he's the least inspirational captain I've ever seen. Also a captain who has decent set-piece delivery letting two centre-backs take a penalty ahead of him.

Which with hindsight was an excellent decision? No?

We need to first team centre backs plus 1 wingers and 2 strikers for the step up that's 5 first team players needed I think Bentley White Coker Lenny Timlin and worral would be fine in the next tier

I would get rid of Hurst, Corr and Barnard. I would also give Barrett one more year.

I also think Paul Smith has been great for Bentley and Ted Smith and may be a good addition to the goalkeepers coaching set up.

Would also like Phil Brown to sign a new contract asap as no good going into a transfer window without having the manager signed up as other players may be put off signing for us without knowing who will be managing them.

I would get rid of Hurst, Corr and Barnard. I would also give Barrett one more year.

I also think Paul Smith has been great for Bentley and Ted Smith and may be a good addition to the goalkeepers coaching set up.

Would also like Phil Brown to sign a new contract asap as no good going into a transfer window without having the manager signed up as other players may be put off signing for us without knowing who will be managing them.

Amazed people would get rid of a sixteen goal striker. Good luck finding another one.

How can anyone say we should give Ibenfeldt a go in L1 when he's barely touched L2 this season? Some people are clearly on wind ups where JW is concerned, he's actually played in L1 and is hugely respected amongst the rest of the players.

We will need a clear out to compete in league 1 and if Phil stays then his tactical attacking prowess will need to be vastly improved.

Players out for me
Hurst,Corr,Atkinson,Barnard,Ibe,and sadly Deegan,from the loans,keep Macca and Piggy.

League 1 is a different animal altogether with big clubs with big players,pace at that level is key.

Still celebrating so good week end.

You must be on a wind up.... The main reason we got where we are is built on the teams spirit and battling attitude, the same way you see times survive in the premiership when they really shouldnt. To rip this squad apart you would be ripping the spine out of the team, and we would fail terribly! Hurst can do a job when at his best at league 1 level ive got faith in that, loosing corr and atkinson would be loosing two of the hardest workers we have out there. I cant disagree with letting Barney and Ibe go, but deegan can maybe come good, ive seen worse players grow with the team before, he would be a wait and see i think. Cant disagree with keeping macca and Pig either. We got promoted beforehand without too much overhall and it could well happen again with a group of commited TEAM mates all playing for eachother and the club.

Feel the same. Decent enough L2 full back but not overly sold on him. Think we could do better.

Would like to see Prosser go too. Poor footballer and causes panic in the defence. No coincidence that the two late runs we have had over the last two seasons have been because Prosser got injured.

Weston and maybe Hurst (fitness not ability) have questions marks over them. Would move on Clifford and Barnard and dont want any of the loaness again personally.

and stats 'proved' that Worrall has the least impact on us winning matches ! When the players walked round the pitch he looked more excited and happy than any of them. you would never have guessed he didn't play. Also he has put his body on the line so many times for us. (granted on its own not a reason for keeping him, but everyone mentions it with Timlin) I didn't see any panic the last time in played (sub for Coker) , I did see a last minute tackle/block that saved us though ! He is one of the players I feel a 'connection' with, something months ago many of us were saying we didn't feel with this team. For me he is an individual who understand fully the word 'team'

Of all our players, I think Prosser is the one most likely for Sturrock to come knocking for.

To be honest this question can't really be answered yet. If we had to play next season with current personnel I'd back this squad (with a couple of loanees) to battle hard and try to stay in League 1, but we obviously need a few new arrivals if we are going to be seriously competitive.

Therefore it depends entirely on who is out there and we can bring in. We are a League 2 squad, we can improve in every area. As an example If we can find 2 or 3 Central Defenders to join us better than what we have then our current Central Defenders become disposable. If there are no Central Defenders better than what we have available and willing to join us for next season then we need to keep our current Central Defenders.

We need to strive to improve in every area. If players are available to improve our current squad we should sign them, if that makes some of the existing squad surplus to requirements then they are the ones that need to move on.

People have been listing Weston, Hurst, Atkinson, Prosser, Deegan and even Corr as those "not required" for next season. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but only if we can replace them with better players.

Luke Prosser is a good example. I'll be honest, I'm not his biggest fan. He's a Lower League Clogger and will never be any better...however, he's brave, gives 100% and gives decent cover. There would be no point releasing him if we were just going to sign another similar player as cover.

So "who we need to get rid of" depends entirely on who we can bring in for next season.

I wouldn't mind if John White never played for this football club ever again.

That is a joke. He has been solid and steady all season and without setting the world alight has done his job well. Exactly the type of player that I love at the club .

Ship out Prosser for Sokolik who wants to play at a higher level (well he did 12 months ago...)

Keep Barrett here for the season... Sokolik and Bolger as a defensive pair could be quite tasty this time next year.

Ship out Prosser for Sokolik who wants to play at a higher level (well he did 12 months ago...)

Keep Barrett here for the season... Sokolik and Bolger as a defensive pair could be quite tasty this time next year.

Hadn't thought of that, not such a bad idea. We could boast two overseas international central defenders if it went well.

We will add 5-6 good players to the bulk of our current squad. dependent on who we get in that will in my view get us to top half- the biggest need is pace/goalscoring capability up front and quality creative midfield- that where I would invest what budget we have- the back 4 on show on Sat was arguably the best in L2 and won't be too shabby in L1. AB never had pace particularly & I don't notice he's got any slower- he is however a leader and organiser who clearly has another year in him.

Just out of interest who is defo here based on contract and who is out of contract as it stands

Back