• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2016

Yes though his wimbledon record is pretty poor. Hard to see beyond a Murry/Djokovic final though you can never discount Federer on the grass.

Federer will lose to Evans later today.

(Actually he probably won't, but people I played tennis with last night were convinced he has a better chance than people give him credit for...)

Annoyingly the rain saved him. He's back on at 11.30 this morning. What's the betting he wins the next 3 sets?

Still well odds-on.

He had the same situation with Kevin Anderson last year - down 2-0, then came back to win 3-2. Even so, fair play to Querrey.....so far.

Still well odds-on.

He had the same situation with Kevin Anderson last year - down 2-0, then came back to win 3-2. Even so, fair play to Querrey.....so far.

He did. But this time he couldn't survive.

As Murray said himself: he's got to get to the final for that result to have any impact on him.

Easy for Murray - didn't even face a breakpoint vs Kyrgios. Impressive form indeed.

Just checking the scores, and noticed that in the Men's Doubles, Inglot and Nestor are playing Benneteau, and the fantastically named Roger-Vasselin.

Ok, I may have the humour of a 12 year old, but it did make me chuckle.

So it's Murray V Raonic in the Final on Sunday. Surely Murray must fancy himself to win this now.

It will be his 11th Grand Final, he's lost 8 of those to either Federer or Djokovic, so what with them both out of the way, and added to that, the usual biased home support, along with the world rankings (2nd V 7th) as well as beating him at Queens recently. Although, mind you, he was a set down & a break at one stage.

So it's Murray V Raonic in the Final on Sunday. Surely Murray must fancy himself to win this now.

It will be his 11th Grand Final, he's lost 8 of those to either Federer or Djokovic, so what with them both out of the way, and added to that, the usual biased home support, along with the world rankings (2nd V 7th) as well as beating him at Queens recently. Although, mind you, he was a set down & a break at one stage.

I watched all of both matches (albeit with an eye patch over one eye after minor surgery this morning) and think it is going to be extremely close.

Murray in 4 on Sunday. Raonic wobbles....Murray doesn't. I think in his present form, he'd beat anyone including Djokovic.

When Djokovic and Federer got knocked out they might as well have handed it to him. Most boring Wimbeldon for a long time!

Back