• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2016

When Djokovic and Federer got knocked out they might as well have handed it to him. Most boring Wimbeldon for a long time!

It may have lacked drama but it's always great watching a player at the very top of their game. Watching someone who is, in my opinion, the best returner of service to have ever played the game nonchalantly dispatching bombs of 147mph was a treat.

It may have lacked drama but it's always great watching a player at the very top of their game. Watching someone who is, in my opinion, the best returner of service to have ever played the game nonchalantly dispatching bombs of 147mph was a treat.

Against lacklustre opponents, would he have made it look that easy if he had Djokovic or Federer in the final. I don't like Murray, I hate it when he wins but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Against lacklustre opponents, would he have made it look that easy if he had Djokovic or Federer in the final. I don't like Murray, I hate it when he wins but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Of course you're entitled to it but, when you admit you don't like him and hate it when he wins, we're not exactly debating his talent anymore are we. And if Federer was truly going to challenge him in the final, he wouldn't have lost to the guy Murray dispatched in straight sets.

If we're rating Wimbledon based on how much we like the winner, I'm going to see about getting a wildcard for my Dad next year! He's crap at tennis, but I do love the old fella!

I thought it was a good Wimbledon. The exits of Djokovic and Federer were excellent games. Serena on Saturday was amazing and I though Murray played some excellent and incredibly consistent tennis today and against Tsonga. Winning a slam is an incredible achievement irrespective of what happens to the favourites, and Raonic is very talented. A good rest for Murray and then a decent run at the Olympics straight into the US

I thought it was a good Wimbledon. The exits of Djokovic and Federer were excellent games. Serena on Saturday was amazing and I though Murray played some excellent and incredibly consistent tennis today and against Tsonga. Winning a slam is an incredible achievement irrespective of what happens to the favourites, and Raonic is very talented. A good rest for Murray and then a decent run at the Olympics straight into the US

She really is a machine, her serve is almost as good as some of the top men. The girl has some power on her. Wonder who will take over as the dominant force when she retires.

There's nothing lacklustre about Tsonga, Berdych or Raonic.

Great stuff by Murray.

You stick to boxing, I'll do the tennis. Deal? :smile:

I see Heather Watson won the mixed doubles as well. What with Gordon Reid winning the wheelchair singles, tis a great day for British tennis. :clap:

I think what you really mean is against very good opponents who Murray dispatched in such a way as to make them look lacklustre.

What's ironic for me is that he won the final against a huge guy with a huge serve whilst only having two break points on his own serve in the entire match, and they were both in the same game. He was utterly dominant.

To beat such a huge serve with relative ease shows just how amazing his reactions are. But reactions aren't enough because just getting the ball back in play won't be good enough. You have to get it back with interest, and Murray continually managed that. He was so good, he even broke once and won two tie breaks (which really do favour the better server). Raonic simply isn't used to someone getting so many of his serves back and making him play so many points. He looked bewildered at times. That is the amazing thing about Murray.

As for Federer and Djokovic. He convincingly beat the guy that beat Federer, and Djokovic wasn't up to it, otherwise he would have got further than the third round. He played the guy in form in the final, and beat him for the 2nd final in a row, having come from a set and break down at Queens.

Back