• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 01 2005,17:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 01 2005,17:06)]Or me. How do you put a picture on SZ anyway?
best bet is to email Leeboy.
We tried this, but it hasn't seemed to work!!!

down.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 01 2005,17:06)]Or me. How do you put a picture on SZ anyway?
best bet is to email Leeboy. Or go to photobucket.com or save it and enter as an "image" using one of the buttons above.
Ok, I'll try this. My day as a (bearded) Hertha Berlin fan!

Berlin200520082.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2005,15:39)]Well, I've e-mailed one of the club's press officers and asked if she could e-mail me a photo of said board in the club shop / museum.  I'll let you know if I hear anything!!

smile.gif

Matt
Well, I've finally heard back from them!

First point is: does anyone have a copy of the David Miles & Peter Goody history of the Blues to hand?  If so, can they answer the question that the Hertha Berlin archivist put to me in his letter?

Second point is that I need to liaise with Scriv on this - there's potentially a really good tie-up with Hertha here, and since they're a top-flight German club, in the Champions' League etc., then that's presumably not to be sniffed at.

Anyhow, without further ado, here's the e-mail I had back from Hertha Berlin.

smile.gif

Matt

<span style='color:blue'>Dear Mr. Walker,

Thanks a lot for your email!

Mrs. Palewicz forwarded me your email to our archive. I am sorry you had to wait for an answer for about two weeks. I only work on Wednesdays and last week there was too much to do, so I was not able to go to our shop. But this week I was able take some photographs of our exhibition (see below).

Is there a homepage about Southends history where you would like to post it?

By the way, perhaps you could help me too. On our homepage we present some of the great games Hertha BSC played in history. To present Hertha vs. Southend we would need some more information about this game. We know allready the following facts:

4th of May 1910
BFC Hertha 1892 - Southend United 3:1 (2:1)
in Berlin at Hertha-Sportplatz (Schebera)
1213 spectators

Goals:
0:1 Toone (?)
1:1 Herbst (30.)
2:1 Haupt (44.)
3:1 Herbst (88.)

Players:
Hertha: Braunert - Hirth - Schreiber - Koeckeritz - Zragus - Voigt - Ruscher - Haase - Haupt - Schulz - Herbst

Southend: Toone -
rock.gif

Do you know who could have played in this game for Southend? Or who normally played for Southend in 1910? If you could help me in any way, I would be very grateful!

Best regards from Berlin!
Andy Rygielski
Hertha BSC - Archive
andy.rygielski@herthabsc.de

PS: Your idea about a rematch I will keep in mind!

P.P.S.  Please tell me when you have downloaded the picture so I can remove it from my server.

SZ'ers, can anyone help with this, since I don't have any webspace where I can store this picture?</span>

olympiashop001.jpg

Just tried it on my account there, and it&#39;s just under 250kb, so it can fit without being resized...

let&#39;s try this, what happens when you click here?

Although I&#39;m not completely up to speed with this sort of thing, so can someone tell me, if I&#39;ve got that up, can your man in Germany take it down?

Top marks Matt, good job son.

MtS, the closest I could find was the squad that played the following day against Union Berlin. The team for that game is listed in the book &#39;50 Finest Matches&#39;.

Is the Hertha line-up in the &#39;History of&#39;... book?

rock.gif

Matt

I have taken a copy and it is now in SZ archives rady to be used when it needs to be.

Oh Leeboy the reason you image did not work earlier in the thread is that you pointed us to your C:

So Naps do you think Leeboy is the right person.
tounge.gif

I guess if anybody needs help re piccy&#39;s then just contact me.
wink.gif

/pics/misc/herthaberlin-02.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 12 2005,12:00)]MtS, the closest I could find was the squad that played the following day against Union Berlin. The team for that game is listed in the book &#39;50 Finest Matches&#39;.

rock.gif
OS, what was the line-up for that match, and what was the result?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
[b said:
best bet is to email Leeboy. Or go to photobucket.com or save it and enter as an &quot;image&quot; using one of the buttons above.
My Naps bit was to do with this post,
biggrin.gif

Leeboy, you would see whenever you used your laptop because the picture is on your PC and not up in webspace. If you goto the blank box in your post then right-click it and select properties you will see a path to your C: and not http://daa.da.da/pics/dweeb.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 12 2005,13:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 12 2005,12:00)]MtS, the closest I could find was the squad that played the following day against Union Berlin. The team for that game is listed in the book &#39;50 Finest Matches&#39;.

rock.gif
OS, what was the line-up for that match, and what was the result?

rock.gif

Matt
Sorry, Matt, was out.

I suppose, if we can;t find the team for the Hertha match, we could say the the &#39;squad consisted of... &#39; and use the Union Berlin line-up, which was:

Percy Toone, Tom Murray, Jerry Thomson, Ernest Emery, Albert Frost, Billy Harrower, Louis Parke, William Sutherland, Alex King, George Harrod, Edward Anderson.

The score for this match was:

Union Berlin 0 Southend 4 (King 3, Harrod)

wink.gif

I guess that if Peter Miles and David Goody got hold of the above info, then they must either have the info, or be able to get the info, for the Hertha match.

Interestingly, according to your Hertha contact, our &#39;keeper scored for us&#33;

So, Brazil kicked off their World Cup campaign tonight in the Olympic Stadium, Berlin, so I thought I would haul this thread out of the archives just to remind any Shrimpers out there who might be heading for any of the other games being played in the German capital to check out the Hertha club shop/museum for the mention of the mighty Shrimpers&#33;

Games in Berlin:

Tuesday 13 June Brazil v Croatia
Thursday 15 June Sweden v Paraguay
Tuesday 20 June Ecuador v Germany
Friday 23 June Ukraine v Tunisia
Friday 30 June Quarter-final
Sunday 9 July WORLD CUP FINAL

I still have a clearer photo of this board than the one above that I can email anyone able to post it, by the way........
kungfu.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ June 13 2006,22:23)]I still have a clearer photo of this board than the one above that I can email anyone able to post it, by the way........
kungfu.gif
best bet is to email Leeboy

laugh.gif

Back