• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

9 out 9

3 wins on the spin and Jack on fire with his 4th of the season,Hursty weighing in as well.

Well done you super blues and special mention to Phil and his back room staff as they have turned it around.

Fantastic all round.

Next match v. Shrewsbury will be hard, but we should be able to beat them.

However, look who we're playing after that................ bloomin' Morecambe. We don't have a hope of beating them. At least it's not on a Tuesday evening....

Amazing what a week can do. 3 points off top spot (albeit with a significantly poor GD at this stage) and a home game to come. Fantastic.

Tough home game against Shrewsbury who are in 5th. If we can win that the confidence will be through the roof.

Agreed. Two things stand out for me though: if we're to challenge for the top, we shouldn't fear anyone at home. And our team still seems set up to do well against teams who come at us at home compared to those who sit back.

Well done Brown and the boys. Let's go for it now!

I cannot understand those fickle fans who moan
winking.gif

...and Mrs B, stop fishing.

This Southend train is gathering momentum, lets all get on board and make it unstoppable.
I urge all part time fans that can afford it, to get behind our team. The players are now doing their bit. Lets get Roots Hall rocking.

3 out of the next 4 games at Roots Hall - dare we dream of being top in a few weeks?

This Southend train is gathering momentum, lets all get on board and make it unstoppable.
I urge all part time fans that can afford it, to get behind our team. The players are now doing their bit. Lets get Roots Hall rocking.

Absolutely agree - home gates should be better. Brown has put together a good entertaining team and this week proves that. Can't wait till Saturday and hope the crowds start to come back.

Absolutely agree - home gates should be better. Brown has put together a good entertaining team and this week proves that. Can't wait till Saturday and hope the crowds start to come back.
Would be nice to put another 500 or so on the gate.....shrews will bring 250 max so the footy public of southend will have to get down to the hall.

Hopefully this will silence some of those Brown haters! Great week, Payne looking like a worldbeater atm

Amazing what a week can do. 3 points off top spot (albeit with a significantly poor GD at this stage) and a home game to come. Fantastic.

True, but there are only 3 teams in the division with a better GD and only one (Bury) with a significantly better one

I must admit that I thought Payne flattered to deceive in the brief substitute appearances I'd seen previously. But today I thought he was great, linking the play, always in a position to receive the ball and making darting runs creating space for himself and others. He deserved to score the winning goal.

Deegan looks a great signing as a defensive midfielder. Williams looked good going forward, I assume he has played as a winger at some point in his career.

Special thanks to their keeper for dropping the ball for Hurst to lash home.

The down side is we conceded twice from headers in the box.

Back