• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your favourite sending OFF?

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
Continuing this excellent run of threads..

We all like a good scrap on the pitch to liven up those boring bore draws, so what's yours? For me, Eastwood seeing red against Huddersfield in 2005 for pushing Holdsworth. Not only that, then setting a precedent by getting an extra match ban for a "frivolous" appeal.

Brilliant.

That was not the best. I thought it was Matin Currethers at Barnet circa 2000 after patting greg heald on the head when he scored a quality own goal.

I thank you.

Regis on Stimac. Better than Bruno.

And for the quality interview with Stimac on TV after....."Stimac you racist caaaannt!"

Garry Richards at Oldham last season.
The 3 at Swansea when we won with 8 men back in 2003.
N'Daiye at Brentford as already mentioned.

The Boston keeper who got sent off then booted the ball into the crowd, hit a fan in the face, then got fined, and sold to some Scottish side.

Got to be Roy McDonough against Newport County FA Cup 1st round 1985 got a straight red after about 10 mins. He also managed to get sent off another 5 or 6 times for us and about 12 times during his career.

Just imagine how many red cards he would pick up if he was playing football in this day & age!!!

The best against Southend was undoubtedly Terry Curran of Sheffield United when the late Ian Porterfield was their manager.

Which bought about one of the funniest comments I've heard at football, by one Firestorm of the parish, when he came out with this gem.

"Curran the good news is that you're off, the bad news is that Porterfield is driving you home"

To his credit even Portfield laughed.

Paul Stewart also deserves a mention for whacking Paul Roberts and earning an early bath.

For Southend, any one of Roy McDonough's many transgressions.

Chris Powell for peace-keeping in a 21 man brawl.

It was during one of the legendary Anglo-Italian runs of the 90s. Everyone was getting really stuck in, Andy Ansah in particular was windmilling away, but Saint Chrissy Powell of Wiggle was the only one not throwing punches, instead trying to calm the situation down. Once it eventually calmed down, the ref calls over Chrissy and sends him off to everyone's bemusement.

Chris Powell for peace-keeping in a 21 man brawl.

It was during one of the legendary Anglo-Italian runs of the 90s. Everyone was getting really stuck in, Andy Ansah in particular was windmilling away, but Saint Chrissy Powell of Wiggle was the only one not throwing punches, instead trying to calm the situation down. Once it eventually calmed down, the ref calls over Chrissy and sends him off to everyone's bemusement.

yeah I remember that, unbelievable decision!

Leo Roget against Luton ran half the pitch to clump somebody

I seem to remember him doing this to Marco Gabbiadini, about 10 years ago and getting a standing ovation from everyone on his walk off cos the little sh*t was just getting on everyone's nerves all afternoon...

remember a good punch up between mickey stead and gary megson when we played wednesday in the third round cup match at the hall in 1983. both players sent off.

3 Favourites.

Derek Payne for giving David Speedie a slap (shame he didn't hit him harder).

Paul Gerrard (Oldham goalkeeper) getting sent off after 10 minutes for trying to assault Ricky Otto, and then watching Joe Royle attempting to climb down from the directors box to the dug-out to have a go at the ref.

Wayne Biggins when we beat Stoke 4-2, he'd scored for them 5 minutes earlier and had the nerve to celebrate in front of the South, then he was chopped down in the box and the ref failed to give the penalty so Biggins gave him a shove.

Back