• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your favourite sending OFF?

My favourite has to be Neil Townsend late 70s or early 80s during some boring game which I can’t remember who we where play or what the score was. Townsend walks up to one of their players nuts him and just walks off before the ref could wave a card, their player sparked out on the half way line.

Leeblue vs Hawkwell Athletic for the gayest kick ever.

I seem to remember him doing this to Marco Gabbiadini, about 10 years ago and getting a standing ovation from everyone on his walk off cos the little sh*t was just getting on everyone's nerves all afternoon...
Beat me to it! This was pretty amusing. Was in the North West corner miles off the ball if my memory serves me correctly. They rolled around wrestling more than Leo clumping him though!!

Leon Clarke throwing a headbutt at Forest last season. Ended all hopes of getting a result on that cold night in the biggest dump of a town i've ever visited, but it was a move Phil Mitchell may have been proud of

It's a touch choice between two goalkeeper incidents - Bullock of Macclesfield or Ricketts of Bradford. I had a great view of both from the South Lower.

Big Derek Payne vs. David Speedie. 'Nuff said.

Oh yes, best thing he ever did in a blue shirt, Speedie was a right little ****.

I seem to remember Ricky Otto getting in a scrap at Roots Hall, (maybe v Grimsby?), rolling around with the opposition player and getting a couple of good punches in.

Beat me to it! This was pretty amusing. Was in the North West corner miles off the ball if my memory serves me correctly. They rolled around wrestling more than Leo clumping him though!!

Yeah, I was in the South Lower he ran literally the whole length of the pitch to North West, vanished into a melee then the next thing you saw was Gabbiadini go flying up into the air and a tussle ensuing, everyone around laughing, Gabbiadini getting a red and everyone laughing then Roget getting the red and a huge roar go up. Never have I seen such a response to a red card!

Also remember Roget spanking the ball as hard as he could into the South Lower as well in the 96-97 season cos he was getting shouted at to pull his finger out of his arse and look bothered, nearly took my mates head off.

Not Southend related but remember being at Wet Spam and Keith Robson was given a little tap on the ankles by George Burley, Robson calmly turned round and laid him out with the best Upper cut I have ever seen and calmly walked off the pitch! Took Burley about 5 minutes to recover!

I'm sure Bob and Dave Worthington got sent off at Brighton back in the 70's for fighting anyone who wanted it we lost 2-0

Whilst disgusted at the dive at the time, Sammy getting sent off against 'Boro did provide us the opportunity of Sir Tilly going between the sticks....

I remember being at a match a couple of years ago where the keeper got sent off for sticking his middle finger up at the southend fans when his team scored, spotted by an official I believeand the official told the linseman and he got sent off straight away.

Not Southend I'm afraid, but Zidane's in the World Cup is definitely right up there!

Back