• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone actually know if hines is actaully london based ? Yes he played for westham but he is originally from Jamaica ... just saying , he could have moved up north

Would be a decent signing. Maybe move Atkinson into the middle or advanced midfield role (arguably his better position according to some Bradford fans) and let Hines play on the wing with his pace. Having Atkinson here already can surely only strengthen the appeal.

He and family are east London
would be a great signing and looking likely. Also Jon Joe O'Neil has turned down Bristol Rovers leaving Gillingham and Blues in the race
if we could get these two the things looking very promising

If he can do stuff like this for us then he'll be a great signing
[video=youtube_share;zQvoMrunwoQ]http://youtu.be/zQvoMrunwoQ[/video]

Have to remember this is one of those guys who claims to be an ex-agent with contacts all around the country...

Would be very pleased with this if true though, impressed me in the same way Tomlin did against us at Gillingham in 2011/12.

Think he would be an upgrade on what we currently have in regards to pace on the wing and up front, so for me he would be a great signing.

Hines, Timlim, Laird, O'Toole, Atkinson, Lee, Leonard and Hurst would undoubtably be the best midfield in the league. If Eastwood and Corr are on top form then that must also be up there as the best strike force in the league.

Defence could do with a bit more work but if El Tango can pull these signings off then I will seriously be impressed. Have to imagine that finances and umbongo are an almighty hurdle but he's making the right noises. Wonder if Uncle Ron has given him a huge budget as a big risk to finally get us out this league?

He left Bradford because his wage demand was to high and they refused to give him what he wants, so how the hell will we be able to afford his wages?

Hines, Timlim, Laird, O'Toole, Atkinson, Lee, Leonard and Hurst would undoubtably be the best midfield in the league. If Eastwood and Corr are on top form then that must also be up there as the best strike force in the league.

Defence could do with a bit more work but if El Tango can pull these signings off then I will seriously be impressed. Have to imagine that finances and umbongo are an almighty hurdle but he's making the right noises. Wonder if Uncle Ron has given him a huge budget as a big risk to finally get us out this league?

How many times have I heard that one? In fact, we have had the best defence/midfield/strikeforce etc so many times I'm shocked we are only league two!!!

Yes
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

JJ O Neil is the jockey !

Yes :blush:
JJ O Neil is the jockey !

Is there an echo in here? :winking:

He wouldnt have the travelling expenses of travelling from East London to Bradford for training etc to contend with ,also have more time for his family if he is married.And has for PB well i can say he is trying dam hard to get SUFC a decent squad Get Hines ,Otoole and Charlie Lee and we will be looking good , just need a couple of defenders and just maybe we will get out of this league.Heres hoping.

What like he did 2 season ago you mean?

I wish people would stop short of saying things like we will have 'undoubtedly the best midfield in the league'. I don't know for sure they can't, but I'd be impressed if they could name the midfield of each of our 23 rivals. Seeing as Fleetwood have already shelled out more than £1million in the last six months I would be surprised if anyone could match them on paper.

Anyway, it's depth we are sorely lacking as well as pace, so I for one would welcome the signing of Hines to provide competition for places.

@CJPhillips1982: Phil Brown insists rumours linking Zavon Hines with a move to Southend aren't true. @SUFCRootsHall

Back