• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many of them are actually genuine fans? I bet the majority are just day trippers.

Each club got c.28,000 tickets and Man Utd have many more seasos than that - the vast majority who got a ticket in their end would be regular matchgoers.

Each club got c.28,000 tickets and Man Utd have many more seasos than that - the vast majority who got a ticket in their end would be regular matchgoers.

Yeah boring regular Man United & Chelsea fans.
Check out todays German Cup final on youtube that's a bit more like it.

Another two taxis broken into in the Southend area, one while parked at the Cliffs Pavilion. Definitely something that's being targeted in town at the moment.

This bollox is going on in a meeting room today :facepalm:

HOW MIGHT YOU TEST OR MEASURE A POTENTIAL SPIRITUAL GUIDE OR MASTER?
For some, faith is more than enough. But many of us have serious doubts about handing over even the smallest part of our sacred selves to what is at best a relative stranger.
Are there ways to test the integrity of someone or something without leaving ourselves exposed or vulnerable?
Do we actually need any kind of Guide or Master to help us navigate our way? Spiritually, do we even know where to aim for and why?
Is it possible to have a Master without a Slave…..?

People posting happiness in the wrong forum grinds my gears. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

For some, faith is more than enough. But many of us have serious doubts about handing over even the smallest part of our sacred selves to what is at best a relative stranger.
Are there ways to test the integrity of someone or something without leaving ourselves exposed or vulnerable?
Do we actually need any kind of Guide or Master to help us navigate our way? Spiritually, do we even know where to aim for and why?

You really have to put up with that sort of guff?

Grenfell Tower. Just watched Panorama. Fire testing with those materials and those air gaps came after the fire. So many people named and shamed as accountable. Profit before lives. Yet no one has been prosecuted. After this programme, the reluctant government may finally be forced to act. Hooray.

No one is forcing you to go so what's the problem?

I thought I may fancy the Chelsea Flower Show next year. Then I saw the ticket prices. :stunned:

****ing ant colony in my beautiful rhododendron! :angry: Just had to get it out of the pot and clear it all out, all while it's in the best bloom for many a year!

****ing ant colony in my beautiful rhododendron! :angry: Just had to get it out of the pot and clear it all out, all while it's in the best bloom for many a year!

For the last 6 weeks we've sold many more Ant powders/Nippon etc, than normal for this time of year. One local woman who use's all the old remedies from the Middle Ages, swears blind this works for keeping Ants away. I quote... Cut 6 slices of fresh Cucumber & place them where the ants appear. They may cross 2 or 3 slices, but will then turn back.
No idea why it is 6 slices & why this deters them, but supposedly this works so maybe give it a try?.
Will now just sit back & wait for some 'wag' on here to suggest adding cress or whatever!.
Another one I've been told by 'old country folk' is if squirrels are thieving the bird food you put out, sprinkle some cayenne pepper on it. The squirrels will keep a wide berth, yet the birds aren't affected by it apparently. ( Mind you, whether it affects their 'muck' I don't know!.

Boiling water, or petrol.
Funny you should say that, hubby recently bought one of those petrol burner things to burn the weeds on the patio, he treated the ants to it where they were left behind after moving the pot!

For the last 6 weeks we've sold many more Ant powders/Nippon etc, than normal for this time of year. One local woman who use's all the old remedies from the Middle Ages, swears blind this works for keeping Ants away. I quote... Cut 6 slices of fresh Cucumber & place them where the ants appear. They may cross 2 or 3 slices, but will then turn back.
How strange! We've had a skip over the weekend, so the offending earth all went in there and the plant has now been successfully re-potted - or, at least, I hope successfully!

Back