• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

Really hope 2015 is less of a two horse race than this season. I'd love to see the Mclarens and Ferraris start challenging again, having Williams up there this season has been great and I hope they continue that success.

Caterham have requested to use its 2014 car and engine next year.

A shame that they put a stop to smaller teams being able to use old cars from the bigger teams, although it got embarrassing for Team Honda one year when the Super Aguri team were speeding past them in last years car. Hopefully another new team will appear over the winter or otherwise Caterham will be some way adrift of other teams at the back of the grid.

A shame that they put a stop to smaller teams being able to use old cars from the bigger teams, although it got embarrassing for Team Honda one year when the Super Aguri team were speeding past them in last years car. Hopefully another new team will appear over the winter or otherwise Caterham will be some way adrift of other teams at the back of the grid.

I'd love to know what Bernie's issue is with Dave Richards as the Prodrive team have got the money and have been knocked back on a number of occasions.

Jean-Eric Vergne is leaving Torro Rosso, looks like he may only get a reserve driver slot elsewhere at best! Carlos Sainz Jnr is the favourite to replace him, would be a cracking line up Verstappen and Sainz.

Gutted for Vergne, had a decent season and with Kyvatt going to Red Bull I thought his place would be a given.

He was told even before Kvyat joining Red Bull that he was leaving as he's too old.

Wild rumours that Ross Braun will buy Caterham to sort them out and sell to VW/Audi in 2017.

He was told even before Kvyat joining Red Bull that he was leaving as he's too old.

Wild rumours that Ross Braun will buy Caterham to sort them out and sell to VW/Audi in 2017.

I know but when he has had a pretty decent season you would think they might hang onto him.

I'd love to see Ross Brawn back in F1, I was gutted when he sold the team to Mercedes.

That would be good to see "The Big Bear" back in the pitlane. He was still at Merc upto the end of last season if memory serves?

That would be good to see "The Big Bear" back in the pitlane. He was still at Merc upto the end of last season if memory serves?

Aye. F1 is a better place with Brawn, he talks a lot of sense. He also might be the presence and personality to allow a rebalance of finance which is needed for the smaller teams, even though his business model is buying struggling teams and selling to a big manufacturer (e.g. Honda - Mercedes). The Mercedes deal made him £100m, which is pretty surprising.

Would love to see it but not sure Audi would come in with Merc doing so well.

Aye. F1 is a better place with Brawn, he talks a lot of sense. He also might be the presence and personality to allow a rebalance of finance which is needed for the smaller teams, even though his business model is buying struggling teams and selling to a big manufacturer (e.g. Honda - Mercedes). The Mercedes deal made him £100m, which is pretty surprising.

Honda bailed at the end of 2008 but luckily he was able to put the car on the grid under his own name in '09 and ended up winning the championship before selling to Merc.

If he did bank 100m from that deal, cannot blame him if will stick to retirement.

Looks like they're about to get rid of double points for the last race as well. Thank goodness for that.

If he did bank 100m from that deal, cannot blame him if will stick to retirement.

He doesnt seem to be the sort of chap to sit on the sidelines. Would love to see him come back in some capacity.

I thought he would have a year out and then return so hopefully he will be back next season. He is a name in the pits that has been around for so long I was pretty gutted when Ron Dennis stepped up. Ferrari could do with him back surprised they didn't try and get him back.

Vettel to Ferrari... I think Ferrari will be strong next season but it's amazing what improvements are made to the cars in the off season! Watch this space!

Vettel to Ferrari... I think Ferrari will be strong next season but it's amazing what improvements are made to the cars in the off season! Watch this space!

Personally I think it's going to be another year of pain for Ferrari. Their 2014 car showed no promise and their powerchain just lacks real power.

They've also made yet more managerial changes which seem bewildering. They're leaking F1 talent and bringing in people with no F1 knowledge.

They've pinned a lot on Vettel IMO, and I'm not sure it's going to pay off seeing as Vettel showed he struggled to deal with a sub-optimal car this season.

I think Ferrari and McLaren will be fighting for 4th behind Mercedes, Red Bull and Williams. For both Ferrari and McLaren's size, resources and history that's just not acceptable.

I'm surprised there were not more ructions at McLaren given they were often the worst of the Mercedes powered teams and were often behind the Renault powered Red Bulls. A risky move for them switching to Honda when the Merc power unit looks so decent.

I read this morning that VW group are possibly looking at entering and Caterham may still run the same 2014 car next season.

I read this morning that VW group are possibly looking at entering and Caterham may still run the same 2014 car next season.

That would be great. They spent three time Mercs F1 budget on DTM and Sports cars last year and have a whole host of brands to race under.

Looks like it's Button and Alonso as Mclarens driver line up.

Back